3

The wedding preparations were in full swing. Taehyung and Hoseok's families were busy with the arrangements and one of them was picking out the wedding rings. Hoseok was excited and nervous, while Taehyung was cold and distracted. He kept checking his phone, as if waiting for something important.

 He kept checking his phone, as if waiting for something important

"Come on, Taehyung. Put that phone away. You're getting married within 4 days. Show some enthusiasm." Taehyung's mom scolded him gently.

"Sorry, mom. I'm just...checking some work stuff." Taehyung lied.

Hoseok looked at Taehyung with a mix of admiration and concern. He was wearing glasses and a tuxedo, and he looked stunning. Hoseok noticed that many people in the jewelry store were staring at Taehyung, and he felt a pang of jealousy. He wished Taehyung would look at him the same way.

Kim and Jung, Taehyung and Hoseok's fathers, asked them to try on some rings. They showed them a pair of gold bands with diamonds. Hoseok smiled and slipped one on his finger. It fit perfectly. He looked at Taehyung, hoping for a sign of approval.

Taehyung tried on the other ring, but he didn't seem impressed. He glanced at his phone again, and then at the ring. He shrugged and said, "It's fine, I guess."

Hoseok felt a surge of disappointment. He wanted Taehyung to be happy, to be proud of their marriage. His really wondered if Taehyung had moved on, or if he was just going along with their parents' wishes. Truth is Hoseok doesn't know.

They bought the rings and headed to a diner for lunch. The families sat together, chatting and laughing, while Taehyung and Hoseok were given some privacy. Hoseok tried to make some conversation, but Taehyung was silent. He looked bored and stoic.

Hoseok decided to confront him. He asked, "Why did you agree to the wedding?"

Taehyung looked at him, surprised. He said, "What do you mean?"

Hoseok said, "Don't you think we should talk about this? We're getting married with four days, Taehyung. Don't you have anything to say?"

Taehyung sighed and said, "My parents wanted me to get married. They said it was time for me to settle down. They said you were a good match for me. And I...I didn't want to disappoint them."

Hoseok felt a stab of pain. He said, "And what about you? Do you want to marry me?"

Taehyung hesitated. He said, "I...I don't know, Hoseok. I mean, you're a nice guy. You're kind and smart and funny. You're everything a person could ask for. But..."

Hoseok waited for him to finish, but he didn't. He said, "But what, Taehyung? What's holding you back?"

Taehyung looked away in distance as if contemplating something. He said, "I told you...I don't think I have moved on. I'm sorry, Hoseok. I don't think I can be the husband you deserve. I don't think I can love you the way you want me to love you." Taehyung looked at his phone again.