2. Not Even Ghosts Are This Empty

𓇻

𓇻

Their gaze locked, and Dami, involuntarily, felt herself taken by surprise. Seungcheol sensed her vulnerability instantly and let out a gentle chuckle.

"What's wrong?" he inquired, his voice almost a whisper. "Isn't this the very reason you're here?"

"No," she responded, maintaining her position on her knees. "I'm here because I want to be part of your group."

"Why would I need a woman in my group?" he inquired, arching his brows.

"To suck us," Soonyoung chuckled, followed by Mingyu.

Dami shot a death glare at Soonyoung, who seemed caught off guard by her sudden assertiveness. 

As her gaze shifted back to Seungcheol, Dami, with a newfound surge of confidence, gracefully rose from her knees. The subtle movement made Seungcheol look up from his squatting position, their eye contact unbroken.

Mingyu and Soonyoung exchanged surprised glances, witnessing scene as if the roles had reversed, and it was the leader who found himself in a position of obedience.

She looked down at him, her face devoid of fear. "I can prove I'm worth being here. Just give me a chance," she spoke with determination. Seungcheol, in turn, looked genuinely impressed by her assertiveness.

"Yeah?" he responded, a subtle smirk playing at the corners of his lips as he gracefully straightened from his squatting position. The confident shift in his posture was accompanied by the casual ease of a leader. 

His hands found refuge in his pockets, the fabric of his pants subtly adjusting as he assumed a more relaxed stance, yet his stature still loomed large over her. The subtle interplay of body language highlighted the growing dynamics between them.

"I'll give you the chance then," he replied, getting closer to her.

"But if you don't meet my expectations, consider yourself dead," he warned, offering her an almost comforting smile that contradicted the severity of his words. His tone remained unexpectedly...gentle.

She refused to let his attempts at intimidation rattle her, maintaining a calm composure.

"What can you do?" he questioned, a measured curiosity in his voice. As he began to circle her, his gaze turned analytical, examining every inch of her presence. 

His eyes traced the lines of her form, taking in the details of her demeanor. It was as if he tried to decipher her capabilities not just through words, but by the hidden language of her posture, the nuances in her expression, and the way she carried herself under the pressure of his scrutiny. 

"Show me."

"Hyung, are you seriously considering letting a woman into our group?" Mingyu asked with evident frustration, while Seungcheol continued his examination of her, humming in response.