12. Take The Risk

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Dami froze, every muscle in her body tensing as she braced herself for the inevitable confrontation. 

"What do you mean?" she replied, her voice betraying a hint of uncertainty as she struggled to maintain her composure.

"Answer my question," Seungcheol demanded in a deep voice, tension filling the air between them as his gaze bore into hers, unwavering and insistent.

All eyes were on her, except Jun's. He sat quietly, calmly eating his breakfast as if he hadn't heard Seungcheol's question, his nonchalant demeanor adding another layer of complexity to the already tense atmosphere.

"You had plenty to say before. What's the matter now?" Mingyu's voice dripped with disdain as he directed his accusatory words towards her, his eyes burning with a cold intensity.

"Maybe you should put that fucking mouth of yours to better use," he continued, his words laced with venom as he deliberately sought to provoke her, fully aware that she was now backed into a corner.

"I'm asking you for the last time," Seungcheol's voice cut through the tense air, each word heavy with authority. "Where the fuck were you last night, despite my explicit order to remain within these walls?" His tone brooked no defiance, the implication clear: consequences would follow if her answer fell short of satisfaction.

Dami sighed, ready to speak, but before she could, another voice cut in.

"She was with me, hyung," Jun asserted, his tone cool and collected. "We were just chilling, smoked some weed behind the buildings. Nothing more." His words carried an air of confidence, as if daring anyone to challenge his account of the evening.

Seungcheol raised his brows, fixing Jun with a penetrating gaze as if assessing his sincerity and weighing his words carefully.

"Nothing more? Then what's that on her neck? Fucking hickies?" Mingyu's accusation cut through the air like a blade, his tone dripping with disdain as he pointed out the evidence.

"What is your fucking problem?" Jun spat back, his frown deepening as his expression turned deadly serious.

"Dude, stop covering for her," Mingyu snapped, his voice laced with frustration as he rose from the table, his anger palpable. "I saw this bitch sneaking in through the back door, and the only reason I didn't fucking kill her right then and there is because I was told not to. So quit defending her and stay the fuck out of this," he spat, his tone dripping with resentment.

Jun stood up abruptly, his own temper flaring as he faced off with Mingyu, the tension between them reaching a boiling point as their emotions collided.

"Yeah, from the back door, because she was with me, you fucking dickhead," Jun retorted, his voice brimming with defiance as he refused to back down. "And those marks? Yeah, I fucking made them. Got a problem with that? Do I need your fucking approval before I fuck a girl?" His words dripped with sarcasm as he held his ground, challenging Mingyu's accusations head-on.