6. Take It Off

°:

°:. *₊ ° . ° .•

"Hyung, what's the plan with her?" Vernon queried, nodding subtly towards Dami.

Seungcheol glanced at Dami, then back at Vernon. "We'll let her sleep it off for now. Keep an eye on her," he instructed, his tone firm.

Their attention snapped back to her as she slowly lifted her head from the table. The members anticipated her remaining conscious in her current state.

"I'm still awake," she murmured, struggling to muster strength in her hands as they remained fixed on the table to keep her stable.

"She's really something else," Jun chuckled, shaking his head.

Seungcheol approached her to get a better view. "You're pushing yourself too hard. Just let go," he said as she looked up to meet his gaze.

Dami scoffed. "Isn't this what I'm supposed to do?" she asked defiantly.

"You've proven yourself to some extent. But there's still much more you need to demonstrate before I consider allowing you into my group. However, we're done for now," he stated, his tone carrying a hint of authority. 

Dami met his gaze with unwavering determination, refusing to show any signs of weakness despite the pain throbbing through her body. 

"Dokyeom, take her and tend to her wounds," he instructed, his gaze lingering on Dami for a moment longer before he turned away.

She looked at him, scoffing again. The effects of the drugs already made her high, high enough to have a blind bravery. "You're the weak one here," she mumbled, making him stop in his tracks.

He raised a brow, his cold gaze fixed on her. "Is that so?" he asked, his demeanor remaining composed.

Despite the unexpected defiance from Dami, he maintained his composed demeanor, but underneath, there was a subtle hint of intrigue. 

Deep down, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of admiration for her boldness, even in her vulnerable state. 

However, he masked any sign of emotion, keeping his expression stoic and unreadable.

"Yes," she answered. Dami was suddenly reminded of her purpose for being there. She was more than willing to murder each one of them. Now at that very moment.

"We'll see about that," Seungcheol replied coolly. "Remember, you still have much more to prove. And I'll be the final judge of your worth. We'll find out then who truly holds the power," he added, his penetrating stare locking onto hers as she fought to keep her eyes open.

As he turned to leave, he instructed again, "Dokyeom, I want her wounds to be treated quickly." His gaze remained fixed ahead, showing no sign of wavering.