Chapter #4

The morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the Jackson household. Hermione stirred from her sleep, the promise to Isadora to help with groceries motivating her to rise early. With a quiet determination, she slipped out of bed, donned her robes, and headed downstairs.

Isadora, already in the kitchen preparing breakfast, greeted Hermione with a smile. "Good morning, Hermione. You're up early. Ready for a trip to the village?"

Hermione nodded, her enthusiasm evident. "Yes, I'm ready. I promised to help, and I'm looking forward to it."

The two witches headed to the village, chatting amiably along the way. As they returned, bags of groceries in hand, they encountered a neighbour. A kind, old witch with a twinkle in her eye, her name was Mrs. Penelope Greenfield.

"Good morning, Isadora, Hermione!" Mrs. Greenfield greeted them. "I've got a little problem with my robes, and I was wondering if you two lovely ladies could lend a hand."

Hermione, always eager to help, smiled. "Of course, Mrs. Greenfield. We'd be happy to help. After we have breakfast, I can come over and assist you with your sewing."

Mrs. Greenfield expressed her gratitude, and after a pleasant exchange, the trio continued their journey back to the Jackson residence.

The door opened just as they began taking the vestiges out of their bags, revealing Alexia returning from her daily workout session. The glistening sheen of sweat on her figure caught Hermione's attention, and time seemed to slow for a moment.

Alexia, with a radiant smile, greeted them. "Morning, Mum, 'Mione. Just finished my workout. Almost fall from my broom though."

Hermione, unable to tear her gaze away, felt a warmth spreading through her cheeks. "Morning, Alex. Uh, good workout?"

Alexia chuckled, seemingly unaware of the effect her appearance had on Hermione. "Yeah, it was intense. But I enjoy pushing myself. This season I want to be unstoppable."

Isadora, observing the exchange with a knowing smile, interjected. "Why don't you freshen up, Alexia? Breakfast will be ready soon."

Alexia nodded and headed upstairs, leaving Hermione momentarily breathless. Isadora, sensing the unspoken dynamics, chuckles to herself.

The morning continued with the aroma of breakfast filling the kitchen, the promise of assistance for Mrs Greenfield, and the unspoken undercurrents of friendship and something more lingering in the air.

As Hermione left to assist Mrs Greenfield with her sewing, Isadora and Alexia turned their attention to the upcoming trip to Privet Drive. The thought of playing a little joke on the Dursleys brought mischievous smiles to their faces.

Isadora, her eyes glinting with amusement, turned to Alexia. "Dear,  remember you mentioned Harry told you the Dursleys have never been fond of anything related to magic. I think it's time we have a bit of fun with them."

Alexia's eyes lit up with a mischievous spark. "I'm all for it, Mum. What do you have in mind?"

Isadora chuckled, her fingers tapping against the kitchen table as she thought. "How about a little enchantment on the flowers we bring? Nothing harmful, just a bit of magic to keep them on their toes."

Alexia grinned, the idea taking root. "I like it. Let's make this visit a memorable one for the Dursleys."

Together, they set to work, preparing a bouquet from the garden. Isadora whispered a charm, a harmless spell that would make the flowers change colours intermittently, adding an enchanting touch to the arrangement.