Chapter #30

lil surprise at the end

---///---

Harry and Alexia materialize back at the entrance of the maze, Harry's grip tightens around Cedric's lifeless form, his voice choked with emotion. "Cedric," he murmurs, his heart heavy with grief.

Beside him, Alexia struggles to rise, her strength drained from the ordeal they've endured. "Harry," she whispers weakly, her eyes filled with sorrow for their fallen friend.

Meanwhile, the cacophony of cheers and music from the stands continues, the spectators oblivious to the grim reality of what has transpired within the maze. In the celebration, Cedric's death goes unnoticed, his sacrifice unseen by those who cheer for the spectacle of the Triwizard Tournament.

It's not until Dumbledore approaches them, his expression grave, that the festive atmosphere dims. Harry's voice trembles with desperation as he recounts the harrowing events of the night, his words ringing out over the noise of the crowd.

Isadora's heart wrenches as she rushes towards her daughter, concern etched deeply into her features. "Alexia," she murmurs, her voice trembling with worry as she kneels beside her. "Are you alright, darling? What happened?"

Alexia manages a weak smile, her eyes flickering with gratitude at the sight of her mother. "I'm okay, Mum," she replies softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Hermione's instinct is to join them, her own concern for Alexia overwhelming, but Ron's firm grip on her arm stops her in her tracks. "Not now, Hermione," he says gently, his eyes filled with understanding. "Let them have this moment."

Reluctantly, Hermione nods, her gaze never leaving Alexia and Isadora. She knows that as much as she wants to comfort her girlfriend, this is a time for family, for the deep bonds that offer solace in moments of darkness.

From her place on the ground, Alexia's gaze follows Moody as he leads Harry away, a knot forming in her stomach at the sight of her friend's departure. She wants to call out to him, to assure him that everything will be alright, but her voice fails her, lost in the tumult of emotions swirling within her.

Dumbledore's presence offers a semblance of solace amidst the chaos, his calm demeanour a pillar of strength as he approaches Amos Diggory. With a heavy heart, Alexia watches as Dumbledore and the representative of the Minister of Magic offer their condolences to the grieving father.

Unable to tear her eyes away from the heart-wrenching scene unfolding before her, Alexia feels a wave of sorrow wash over her. She may be weak and weary, but her empathy for the Diggory family is unwavering, her heart going out to them in their time of unimaginable loss.

As the puzzle pieces fell into place in Alexia's mind, a sense of urgency surged within her. She knew she had to act quickly to prevent any further harm.

Limping and with Isadora's help, Alexia gets closer to Dumbledore.

"Sir, I think Professor Moody has something to do with this- I know this sounds crazy but please, you have to believe me."

Dumbledore, ever perceptive, gazes at Alexia with a mixture of concern and understanding, his eyes reflecting the gravity of her words.

"I believe you, Miss Jackson, the real Alastor Moody will never take Harry Potter away from me in a situation like this.", Dumbledore says and then he turns to Isadora, who was helping her daughter stand, "Isadora, Madam Pomfrey will lead Alexia to the Hospital wing, we have to make sure she's already, she will be in safe hands there."

"Of course, Professor."

---///---