Chapter #24

It is the beginning of June. Hermione, Ron and Alexia are helping Harry practice for the Third Task that is approaching.

They are practising in an empty classroom, Harry navigates through a makeshift maze conjured by Hermione's spells, his determination evident in the furrow of his brow and the set of his jaw. Ron offers words of encouragement while Alexia moves alongside him, her resolve masking the persistent ache in her head.

Despite her efforts to conceal her discomfort, Hermione's keen gaze doesn't escape Alexia's notice. Each time their eyes meet, a silent exchange passes between them, laden with unspoken concern and an unyielding bond that transcends words.

When a particularly sharp pang reverberates through her skull, Alexia grimaces, her hand instinctively rising to massage her temple. Hermione notices the gesture, her brow furrowing in worry, but she holds her tongue, respecting Alexia's desire to soldier on without distraction.

Harry's determination remains unwavering as the night goes on, his steps growing more confident with each passing challenge. But as they finally emerge from the maze, the weariness etched into Alexia's features is impossible to ignore.

With a shared glance between them, Hermione knows the time has come to address the unspoken perturbation plaguing her girlfriend. As they bid Harry and Ron farewell for the evening, Hermione steers Alexia toward a secluded corner of the castle grounds, while Harry and Ron make their way back to the Common Room, her heart heavy with concern yet brimming with unwavering support.

"Alex," Hermione begins softly, her voice tinged with gentle concern, "I've noticed you've been struggling lately. Are you alright?"

She decides to pour out her heart to Hermione, recounting the unsettling events that have happened and the relentless whispers that have haunted her, Hermione's expression shifts from concern to a steely determination.

"Alex," Hermione says, her voice firm yet tender, "I understand why you felt you had to face this alone, but you don't have to carry this burden by yourself anymore. We're in this together, as a team."

She gently takes Alexia's hand in hers, offering a comforting squeeze. "Whatever challenges lie ahead, we face them together. You're not alone, Alexia. I'm here for you, every step of the way."

Alexia feels a wave of relief washes over her, the weight of her worries beginning to lift as Hermione's unwavering support envelops her. With a grateful smile, she nods, feeling a newfound sense of strength and resolve.

"Thank you, Hermione," Alexia whispers, her voice filled with gratitude. "I don't know what I would do without you."

Hermione returns her smile, her eyes sparkling with determination. "You'll never have to find out," she assures her, squeezing Alexia's hand once more. "Together, we'll face whatever comes our way."

The final task draws near, tension hangs heavy at Hogwarts. With exams looming, Ron, Hermione, and Alexia find themselves buried in their textbooks and notes, determined to cram as much knowledge into their minds as possible.

Amid their study session, Harry, feeling restless and uneasy about the upcoming task, joins his friends at their table in the common room. He may not have exams to worry about, but the weight of the Triwizard Tournament bears down on him just as heavily.

"Mind if I join you?" Harry asks, pulling up a chair beside Ron. "I can't stand the thought of being cooped up in that empty dormitory by myself."

Ron grins, scooting over to make room for his best friend. "Course not, mate," he replies. "The more, the merrier."

Hermione looks up from her book, offering Harry a warm smile. "It's good to have you here, Harry," she says, her tone reassuring. "We could all use a bit of company right now."