Chapter #23

Alexia and Hermione strolled side by side through the quaint streets of Hogsmeade, a sense of tranquillity enveloped them. The warm rays of the afternoon sun cast a golden glow over the charming village, creating a picturesque scene that seemed straight out of a storybook.

The gentle breeze carried the faint scent of freshly baked pastries from Honeydukes, mingling with the earthy aroma of the nearby Forbidden Forest. Alexia and Hermione walked in comfortable silence, content to be in each other's presence as they relished the moment's serenity.

Occasionally, they would exchange soft smiles and fleeting glances, their fingers occasionally brushing against each other as they walked. There was a quiet intimacy between them, an unspoken understanding that transcended words.

As they strolled past a quaint clothes shop, an elderly witch stepped out, her eyes lighting up with recognition as she spotted Alexia. "Ah, Miss Jackson! How lovely to see you, did you enjoy the Yule Ball? I hope the robes were good for you, " she exclaimed, her voice warm and welcoming.

Alexia felt a faint blush rising to her cheeks at the mention of the Yule Ball, an event she had missed out on. Sensing Hermione's gaze, she offered the elderly witch a polite smile and nodded. "Yes, thank you," she replied with a touch of embarrassment, not wanting to reveal that she hadn't attended the ball.

The elderly witch beamed at her response, clearly pleased. "I'm delighted to hear that, dear. Your mother always had exquisite taste in robes," she remarked, her eyes twinkling with fond memories.

Returning the witch's smile, Alexia nodded gratefully. "Thank you, she does indeed," she agreed, before bidding the elderly witch farewell and continuing on their way with Hermione by her side.

As they walked away from the shop, Hermione turned to face Alexia with a look of concern etched on her features. Alexia could already sense what Hermione was going to say, and she couldn't help but roll her eyes playfully before Hermione even spoke.

"Hermione, it's really not a big deal," Alexia began, preempting her girlfriend's worries. But Hermione's expression remained troubled, and she interrupted with a sigh.

"I know you say that, Alex, but I can't help feeling guilty about it," Hermione confessed, her voice tinged with remorse. "You missed out on the Yule Ball because of me, you had your robes prepared and everything and I can't shake the feeling that I should have done things differently."

Alexia reached out to gently cup Hermione's cheek, her eyes softening with affection. "Hey, listen to me," she said tenderly, her voice soothing. "You have nothing to feel guilty about. The Yule Ball was just one event, and everything ended up working perfectly, didn't it?."

Hermione's eyes softened at Alexia's words, a faint smile tugging at her lips. "I just wish I could make it up to you somehow," she admitted quietly.

Alexia leaned in to press a soft kiss to Hermione's forehead, her heart swelling with love for the girl in front of her. "You already have, Hermione," she murmured, her voice filled with sincerity. "Just being with you makes every moment special. So let's forget about the Yule Ball and focus on making our own memories together, okay?"

Hermione nodded, her gaze meeting Alexia's with warmth and gratitude.

They entered the Three Broomsticks and settled into a cosy booth, Alexia quickly engaged in conversation with Ron and Harry, laughing and exchanging stories from their week. Meanwhile, Hermione's mind was elsewhere, consumed with thoughts of how she could make it up to Alexia for missing the Yule Ball.

As she listened to her friend's banter back and forth, Hermione's determination grew. She knew exactly what she wanted to do to make things right. She wanted to see Alexia wear the beautiful robes she had prepared for the Yule Ball, to give her the chance to experience the magic of the event, even if it was just for a moment.