Dheeran

I never imagined for the life of me that I, of all people, would become the king of Aurealia. My mother persuaded me to accept Ayra's proposal, despite my insistence that this marriage would do me no good. Although I was clearly and fervently attracted to the princess, I never thought I would come to be her husband.

Holding her hand at the altar, and being crowned as king consort was an out-of-body experience. It has only been 6 days and 7 hours since I met the princess. I pinched myself countless times to check if this is all a dream.

'My family would never go hungry again,' was my first thought after I married her. 'I would never have to take another beating from a Lord' was my next thought after I was crowned king consort.

The festivities ran into the night, but Ayra pulled me up the stairs and led me to her chamber. I wavered for a moment, feeling queasy of being alone with her.

Once she closed the door, and pulled us towards the bed, my uneasiness became apparent to her. "What's wrong?" She asks, lifting my chin ever so slightly.

"I do not know you," I said, unable to meet her gaze. Yes, I got a tingling feeling from the tips of my toes to the top of my head every time she came to be in my presence. Yes, I feel as if I have known her all my life. Yes, I think she will be a great queen. But do I really truly know her?

I know that she deceived me into bringing me to the palace, and that it is the only leverage I hold in this relationship. She, however, revealed her deception after she proposed marriage. So it is not really a great leverage, as I accepted the proposal knowing she had deceived me.

If not for my mother, I would have taken the gold instead. I wanted nothing to do with her after she told us about her plans to entrap me in marriage from our very first meeting. It was mother who explained to me that we could change things for the better, not only for my family but for our whole village. I knew that I was to be her shadow for our entire lives, but if my sacrifice meant my family and my village could prosper indefinitely, I would choose to marry her time and again.

"What would you like to know?" She asks me, her large doe-like eyes pouring into mine.

I shrug, "everything happened so quickly. We did not get to know each other at all," I said, dodging her question.

"Dheeran, do you really want to get to know me right now?" She asks, biting her lip ever so slightly. I understood what she was referring to. She wanted us to consummate our marriage before anything, and I understood why she felt that way. But I really could not sleep with her without knowing her.

Plus, I have never done this before. Yes, I courted many young women in my village, and I came close to eloping with them, but I never I wanted to compromise them. I always kept it together, and ended the relationship before it came to that point.

The problem is, I could not tell my dear virtuous wife -- who thought I was a something of a alluring man with experience deflowering young women left and right -- that I had never been intimate with anyone. She would simply laugh at me.

Although I knew the mechanics of the marriage act, I did not want to ruin this for Ayra. I had to learn how to do it properly before I could perform the act with my wife. So I had no choice but to delay consummating the marriage and distract her from my intentions.

Before I could ask her a question, however, she pulled me towards her, and I ended up on top of her. A small moan escaped her lips as my breath fanned her neck. Her delectable skin invited me closer, until I was mere inches away from kissing her neck. She shifted so that her lips clashed with mine, and I plummeted right into heaven. Her lips were soft, as I had expected. My hands curled around her hips unconsciously, and trailed up to her breasts, as if having a mind of their own. Our kiss deepened at this point, and my tongue entered her mouth. Chaos befell us as we fervently looked for some sort of release.