8: Date

Chapter Eight

"Just kill me because you won't get anything from me!" Giovanni shouted. I massaged my temples. Kagagaling ko lang ng school kanina and PE was my last subject kaya as much as possible, gusto ko ng matapos ito so I can rest.

"Is the Chief around?" I asked Jedruth, who was with me right now. Zayn, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found. He was supposed to be with Jedruth because he was better at blackmailing without even trying.

"She left the country," he answered. "Don't tell me..."

I reached for my gun on the table without hesitation and pointed it at the man they called 'Father.' I grinned as his eyes widened and he trembled slightly. Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa kaniya na siya namang lalo niyang ikinatakot. 

"Speak," I demanded. My anger flared when he shook his head. "Wala bang nakapagsabi sa'yo na nagiging halimaw ang mga babae kapag gutom sila?"

I raised the gun I was holding and aimed it at his groin. "Last time, I didn't have the chance to do this because our Chief was watching us..." I paused and pressed the barrel of the gun against him. "But now that she's not here, hindi ako magdadalawang isip na iputok ito."

"Fuck!" he screamed in pain when I kicked his private parts, just like what I did to Richard, but Richard's was even more painful because I was wearing heels when I kicked him.

"We don't know who's in charge of the Sophomore, or even the old leaders. The only people I know are the newly appointed leaders who are with me," Giovanni finally spoke up.

I called for Snow to come in. "Tell her everything you know. If I see that you haven't provided all the information we need, babalikan kita at hihiwain ko 'yang maliit mong talong saka ko ipapakain sa'yo. Naiintindihan mo ba ako?"

He repeatedly nodded in fear. Seeing him terrified doesn't satisfy me. Nakakapagtaka lang kasi takot siyang maputulan ng kaligayahan pero hindi siya takot sa kung ano ang puwedeng mangyari sa kaniya sa kabilang buhay. Stupido.

I left them there and went straight to our kitchen to grab some food. I was trembling with hunger. I hadn't eaten since morning, and this is what I had to deal with in the company. Nasaang lupalop ba kasi nagsusuot si Zayn?

"Good afternoon, sir," a staff member's greeting echoed through the room.

"Is Giovanni in the X room now?" The devil's name had barely left my lips when he appeared.

"He's with Snow," ako na ang sumagot sa tanong niya. "And where, pray tell, have you been?"

"None of your business," he retorted, his voice as icy as a winter's breeze.

Hindi ko talaga maintindihan itong damuhong ito. Parang kahapon lang ang ayos-ayos niya kausap tapos ngayon nagiging malamig nanaman siyang kausap. Sira ulo talaga.

"Ay, huwag mo akong sinusumbatan in a cold way. Ako na nga gumawa ng trabaho mo," panunumbat ko.

"I never asked you to do it and take my place."

What an ungrateful prick. I was still pissed off at Giovanni, so if he's in a bad mood, so am I. I don't care if we fight here. They're used to it anyway.

"If I didn't do it, how would I know who to target next?" I asked, raising my voice in annoyance.

"You could've just waited for me."

"Wait for you when you're not even reachable. How would I know you'd come back at this hour?"

"I don't always check my phone like you do."