OO1. not special

CHAPTER ONE!
that hell of a bastard.

CHAPTER ONE!that hell of a bastard

i am not special.

i wasn't wealthy, i wasn't born in a prestigious family like those girls in the novels i read and most of all - i have no magic.

since magic is the important factor every individual should possess, i lack the qualifications to that. i am powerless and i have no idea how to live or let alone, survive this world of hunt.

"obelia. . ."

it was a cool name for an empire.

". . . i wonder what's in there?"

rumors has it that the emperor who kept his mouth shut all these years began to tear up again.

"he has the utmost authority yet why did he remained quiet until now?"

"miss."

my head tilted by the person who just spoke. "what is it? is it important right now?"

sitting in a dusty chair, i fixated my eyes at the silver-haired male.

"a letter has been received." he spoke and handed me a piece of black paper. "from the lord."

i kept my mouth shut as the black paper made contact with my skin. my eyes looked over to it then to the male. "is this really from the lord?"

he only nodded his head, "yes. he entrusted me to ensure you to obey."

ha. . . that bastard.

i couldn't help but to massage my temple in frustration.

there's only one thing to remember. the lord of rwanda kingdom is obsessed with the obelia empire. the kingdom i am living in.

"and as the honorable warrior of rwanda, the lord has great expectation towards your future achievements."

my eyebrows quirked at his words. i can feel my face twisted into a displeased expression.

is he dumb? achievement?

"don't expect me to succeed conquering obelia like he always wanted me to do-"

"i recommend you to read the content of the letter first before making assumptions, miss y/n." he spoke with a shady smile.

and then the only thing i knew was how the tables turned.

──────

only the sound of clanking of the utensils echoed throughout the whole time i spent, sitting with the lord in the dining chamber. only the moon and this fancy looking candle is the source of light in this room and i swear.

this is creepy.

"aren't you pleased with my gift?" the lord began and looked at me with a meaningful gaze. "i gave you the ticket to your dream place."

ticket, my ass. more likely a ticket to hell.

i held myself back from rolling my eyes. ". . .yes. i heard that from the attendant."

"so? are you pleased?" he spoke gleefully and put away the dishes to lean on the table, his cheek rested on his right hand. "i had hard time getting that one."

"i didn't asked you to do that, my lord."

"surely, but i want to do it. for my loyal warrior."

i flinched. i'm not sure but he gave me bad vibes.

my eyes scanned the dishes displayed in front of me. i have no intention of eating these possible poisons and die in front of this man.

my lips remained stoic despite of the uneasiness i'm feeling right now. my hand rested on the table.

". . . a spy." i started. "i know that's not the sole reason why you summoned me here, my lord. there has to be something."

he clasped his hand and exclaimed while looking at me with delightful gaze. "outstanding, dear y/n! you're sharp as ever, i see."

". . .what is it?" my eyebrows raised.

i've got no time to spend. i have so much things to do.

"the current emperor, claude de alger obelia."

"what about him?"

he only grinned at me. "be his attendant - no. be his knight."

. . .

"what's up with that?" i stood up from my seat and slammed my hands on the table, causing for the dishes to spill. the crimson wine left a stain on the white cloth on the table. "knight? aren't you asking for the impossible?"

he only chuckled in amusement. this fucking. . . does he think this is some kind of circus show?

hello? my life's on the line here!

"i didn't take you to be the insecure type of a warrior, y/n. seriously, that was the first you filed a complaint."

"that's because-!"

"maybe your leash has loosened up. i should schedule for a time to tighten it."

my body flinched once again. i could feel the shivers running through my spine and feel my eyes hazy. it almost felt like he was a predator and i was the prey. his cold tone rang through my ears despite of his smiling face.

only the clicking sound of footsteps echoed in my head multiple times. and before i knew it, the lord towered over me as his menacing smirk shone. he extended his fingers towards my face and lifted my chin to look at him. dead in the eye.

i didn't have magic.

i didn't need magic to came on top.

"you only need a sword to kill, right? that's why you're raised here in rwanda. a killing machine made for this kingdom. made for me."

. . . goddammit.

it was an inevitable situation. a battle of death although i was just sitting there, unmoving - in a normal person's point of view, but for me - it was more than a battle. it was war. a war between two people capable of dancing in the palm of death.

this lord i serve is much more dangerous. so dangerous to the point that he got me wrapped on his palm.

i am not a naive person. i could comprehend any situations well but unbeknownst to me, i was bewitched.

his raven hair fluttered in the cold wind, matching with his cold, piercing gaze. his words cracked my soul and stitched it right after.

that's how i felt towards the lord of rwanda kingdom.

i wasn't special but unknowingly, i found myself entangled in a raging and destructive storm.