Bonus Chapter - A long awaited return

Oh, I guess I died?

Just kidding guys.

Here is a bonus chapter (after a long long loooooooong wait), a spoiler for anime only watchers.

I know it's mean of me to post a spoiler chapter like this when the anime is very far away from the end of the manga but if you can't wait that long go ahead and enjoy. Then again, there were already spoilers in chapters before so whatever xD.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! ❤️

‐----------------------

"It's so unlike her to be late," Semi noted as he glanced around the crowd again.

"There's always a first time for everything," Reon smiled.

Semi rolled his eyes but kept a lookout, scanning his surroundings, sometimes going on his tiptoes to peek over the heads of the crowd. Sendai stadium was very busy today. Many came to see one of the biggest showdowns many had been waiting for; the Schweiden Alders Vs the Black Jackals. The Schweiden Alders were a strong team, many of its players even playing on the international stage. Players like Ushijima Wakatoshi and Kageyama Tobio for instance.

It had been years since the days in high school. Both Semi and Reon were fully employed and enjoyed this weekend off in their city. The stadium was a familiar sight for them. What wasn't familiar was the sheer amount of people, all of them packed up in warm clothing. The match had been hugely advertised on sports channels and magazines with many people coming from all corners of the country to see it in the stadium. That included Semi and Reon, only that one person was still missing.

"I see her," Reon suddenly said and waved.

The woman he waved at spotted them, smiled and approached them, her short brown curls bouncing as she picked up the pace. She carried a heavy load of one backpack while tugging two small children along with her, both also carrying their own backpacks. It was Tamiko and as soon as she reached them she hugged her former teammates. She had been visiting her mother this week and didn't want to miss this match for the world.

"I'm so sorry we're late," she huffed. "I had to change two full nappies, again. I swear they did that on purpose. Right after I put on their jackets."

One of the children, the girl who was fully aware that her mother was talking about her and her sibling, grinned. Reon laughed. The other child, a boy, tightened his grip on his mother's hand, hiding behind it.

"That's motherhood for you," Reon said.

"Tell me about it," she sighed. "But we're working on using the potty."

"Reon," the little girl said, lifting up both of her arms.

He understood her gesture immediately and picked her up, holding her above his head for a moment. She giggled when Reon tickled her neck.

"Hey, little man," he greeted the boy next to Tamiko's legs. "You look more like your dad every day."

"We see papa now?" the boy asked.

"Yes, we are going to see papa play. Uncle Tobio will be there too," Tamiko told him.

"Yay, uncle Tobio," the little girl clapped.

"Let's go find our seats before we freeze," Semi urged.

The small group headed into the stadium with a great mass of people. They walked past the court on which the match would be held. Everything was buzzing with excitement and anticipation. There they also passed all of the food stands but there was one certain one she wanted to go to.