Chapter 13 - A Winner and a loser

This face

This face.....I just.....I just love it

----------------------

"No way!" people shouted.

The hall erupted in a thunderous cheer. The final point went to Karasuno and with it they had won 3 of 5 sets. An impossible feat had occurred before everyone's eyes. The fallen powerhouse had regained its wings and that was a little terrifying. The air became static as tears began to fall out of joy and others out of sadness as the thrill of the game just didn't want to fade. Tamiko stayed silent and while everyone was chased to their feet, she sat down. She clutched her shirt and felt her heart beating so fast. Those last few seconds had drained her of all the energy that she had kept to herself throughout the game. Maybe her outburst at the end had even turned the tables a little bit but she didn't care. She watched as the teams shook hands from under the net and lined up, receiving a few words from their coach. There was no shouting from coach Washijo and he even turned his back to them but the boys smiled anyway. When each team lined up to thank their cheering squads for their support, all of the boys gazed up to their school mates. Some had slight disappointment reflected on their faces, others were trying hard to hold back the tears that have already started to flow.

"Thank you very much!" the boys shouted and bowed.

All the students clapped for their hard effort. Even though they had lost, it was an exciting match. It was a match that would stay in the memories of many. She watched in silence as the teams took a well deserved break before the reward ceremony and the audience thinned. Only the schools mainly remained. Tamiko and Izumi decided to go and see Tobio to congratulate him while they had to wait. It wasn't hard to find him. He was by the entrance to the court, making a bet with Ushijima along with Hinata. Without a word, Ushijima turned around and walk back onto the court.

"Ushijima was really fired up at the end." she said as she approached them.

"Sis." Tobio gasped.

"Congratulations." she smiled at them. "You boys all did great."

"Thank you." they both bust out and bowed.

While Tobio excitedly asked his big sister if she had seen the awesome things they did on the court, the two boys behind Hinata approached the little #10.

"Shoyou-chan, who is that?" one asked.

"That's Kageyama's older sister." he explained.

The boys swallowed and looked at her. They recognised the uniform since everyone on the other side was wearing them.

"She goes to Shiratorizawa Academy?" the other asked.

"Yeah, she is the manager of their volleyball club as well." Hinata explained.

"No, I'm not." Tamiko objected from behind. "I help them out sometimes but I'm not their manager."

"Whatever you say, Tamiko-chan." Izumi laughed.