Chapter 18

A few days had passed since Olivia and her friends had arrived at their destination. They were allowed to leave the palace to explore, but not to the normal world. It, for now, was too dangerous for them. Olivia was glad that David introduced her to her living grandfather. But she felt a little scared at first because she didn't know he was alive, and he was still a stranger to her. The girl with wings did hear stories from other people through the Steve Wilkos Show about how bad people could be.

She introduced her friends, including Snow, to her grandfather. He was glad his granddaughter had friends, even if they didn't have wings. He thought it unusual that Olivia had met a talking cat, but he was happy about it. Olivia and her friends were fetched one day by King David, saying they needed to talk. He sounded serious when he said that.

After the friends were in the living room, Olivia saw two new people she had not seen. They were around her age. One was a Korean boy and the other was a girl who had a ponytail in her brown hair. Both gave Olivia and the others a smile, even though the Korean boy shyly looked away afterward. After everyone was seated, the king began to say his words. Victoria was not there and neither were their children.

David said it was time for Olivia, James, and Jessie to be trained into real Wing Warriors for a profession. But they also needed real fighters to protect their territory from the Dark Wing Warriors, who were controlled by a blood-lusting dictator who wanted to take control of more territory and the Dark Wing Warriors were afraid. They had to do anything their leader said to them.

There was not only a profession for fighting, but others as well. An example of this was first aid, where you help the wounded.

Finally, the king also introduced who the two mysterious people were. The Korean boy was Munday and the girl was Femke. Both would become Olivia's mentors. Of course, James and Jessie would also get their own 2 mentors. Munday and Femke were completely trained Wing Warriors who were allowed to fight against the Dark Wing Warriors, but they had to stay with the others who would protect them since they were still young.

After David finished his explanation, he looked at Olivia, James, and Jessie. "I get that you guys are scared, but I promise you that the other fighters will protect you. So what do you say? Are you ready?"

Olivia, James, and Jessie looked at each other and nodded. They let the king know, looking at him, that they were ready, which pleased the king.

"Do you perhaps have any questions?" the king asked the three.

Jessie raised her hand and everyone looked at her to hear. She then put her hand back down. "What if one of us wants to change their profession? Is that the possibility?"

Olivia thought about it. Jessie did make a good point about that. Was it possible to change one's profession? King David gave Jessie an assuring smile. "Yes, it is possible. Rest assured. If you don't want to fight, you do have to let one of your mentors know. They will come and report it to me."

Jessie nodded and relaxed more. Before this conversation happened, Andrzej told of his younger times as also a Legend Wing Warrior, whom Olivia's father chose as his successor. Now it was Olivia's turn. But how did this all work? What if she failed? She didn't want that to happen. But luckily she had her friends, her grandfather and the Wing Warriors there, who would help her and with that, the conversation was over. James and Jessie will still meet their mentors today.

Olivia was scared, yes. Just like everyone else. But she would do her best.

The End