C16 - Reveals and Reorganizations

I don't think there really are any significant TW here, there is some mentions of food and just the general themes of homelessness and all thats associated with it. Let me know if I am missing anything.

----

The first thing Peter did as he exited the tower, was text the group chat. "Got the internship. Will talk about it in person after I had time to process."

Ned, of course, was too excited to realize that adding questions was going to overload Peter even more because he got flooded with them. The final messages did say 'of course you don't need to respond now because you are processing' and 'but just... holy shit dude. I'll just have to be excited for you'. Peter loved Ned, they were best friends for a reason because they could just be themselves around each other, however crazy they may seem.

Peter didn't know how to feel about this. All of this. He should be excited, right. This was an incredible opportunity. So why did it make him panic. It might have something to do with the fact that he was just in such a stressful situation that he was unprepared for. Spider-man is always on high alert, Peter Parker was just trying to make a good impression. That doesn't mean he wasn't on high alert, he pretty much always was. It was just that he thought that anxiety was about impressing Mr. Stark.

When he walked out, he realized in all his hurry to get out of there he forgot to check back in with the staff he met. But he supposed he would be coming back soon enough. Damn. Tony Stark offered him an internship. He was coming back to Stark Tower. Somehow terror and glee managed to coincide within his brain. He was excited that Tony Stark, Tony Stark, wanted him to intern there. It was a dream come true to talk with the man, let alone leave such an impression that he wanted him to come back for an internship. On the other hand, he was afraid that every single mistake he made would ruin his chances of working for Stark Industries forever. Of working with Tony Stark forever. He wasn't sure whether he could handle that rejection.

Then of course there was also the matter of his hidden identities. He was planning to go stealth, getting to know Tony as Peter Parker, and only Peter. But Spider-man was also something that he needed to keep hidden. The fact that he was homeless was also a fact that he preferred not to be revealed. He didn't want Mr. Stark to think less of him.

He realized that he needed to talk this through with his best friends to actually get his mind to quiet down. Get some different perspectives. "Delmar's in 15?" He texted the group chat.

Almost immediately he got an excited response from Ned and a non-committal response from MJ. He headed over to Delmar's and ordered his usual. "Can I have the number 5, extra...." He started before being interrupted.

"Extra pickles and pressed extra flat. I know, mijo. You taking it with you?" Delmar interrupted him.

A blush started to appear on Peter's face. "No, MJ and Ned are joining me here in a second. Ned likes to switch things up and MJ has a usual but sometimes chooses vegan or vegetarian so I can't order for them."

"No worries, mijo. Look, there they already are. Here, take some chips on the house. You are a growing boy."

"Oh no I couldn't possibly..." He tried to argue.

"Nonsense. Don't test me or I'll make your sandwich free as well. Theirs too if you keep it up." There was a hint of playful anger in his voice. Enough that Peter knew he wasn't mad, but he was also serious about following through with his threat.

He didn't even get another chance to argue though. "PETER!" Ned said, slamming the door, causing Mr. Delmar to throw his hands up in the air and curse in Spanish. Ned didn't a notice a thing and just ran to give Peter a hug so tight he wasn't able to breathe for just a second.