Chapter 3

Narrator: Cedric helped Sofia with her magic for about an hour. After that, Sofia had to go back to her other studies.

Sofia: Thanks again Mr. Cedric.

Cedric: You're welcome Sofia. And please, call me Cedric.

Sofia: Ok. Cedric. I'll see you soon.

(Sofia leaves his tower, leaving Cedric in a trance)

(Wormwood caws at Cedric to get his attention)

Cedric: Alright, alright. I'm coming.

(Wormwood caws again)

Cedric: What?

(Wormwood glares and caws at Cedric)

Cedric: Oh Wormy. It's nothing. Don't worry. I'll get her amulet soon enough.

(Wormwood glares at him again)

Cedric: What? . . Wait. You think I'm falling for the Princess?

(Wormwood nods)

Cedric: That's ridiculous. I'm not falling for the Princess. Besides, I need her amulet, not her, to take over the kingdom. And when I do, I'll banish her and her family to a far away kingdom. No. Another realm. Yes. They won't know what hit them.

Sofia: What?!

(Cedric turns around shocked)

Narrator: Sofia had forgotten her wand, so she came back to get it. But when she got there, she overheard everything that he said.

Cedric: Sofia! . . . I . . . Uh. . . .

Sofia: You want to use my amulet to take over the kingdom?!

Cedric: Sofia. . . . .

Sofia: I thought we were friends.

Cedric: (Too stunned to speak)

Sofia: (Tearfully) How could you!

Cedric: Sofia, let me explain.

Sofia: No. I heard all I needed to hear. I never want to talk or see you again.

(Sofia runs away)

Cedric: Sofia, wait! Please!

Narrator: Sofia ran all the way to her room and started to cry.
When she cried her last tear, she decided to run away from home. Her heart was broken. She was really in love with him and she thought that maybe he felt the same way about her.

Sofia: I guess I was wrong. He doesn't love me.

Narrator: So Sofia packed a few things in a bag, changed her clothes, wrote a letter to her family and then went to the stables. She saddled Minimus and left in the dark of the night.