01 / percy plays pinochile with a horse

Chapter 1, Act 1.
PERCY
[best read in georgia font, second smallest font size, and black background !]

          𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 around for good, he noticed that his surroundings were different then they had been before

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 around for good, he noticed that his surroundings were different then they had been before. He was sitting in a deck chair, on something that looked like a huge porch, gazing across a meadow with green hills in the distance.

He could hear people having a conversation, but that wasn't his priority. His tongue felt dry and nasty, and every single one of his teeth hurt. When he looked at the table next to him, he saw a tall drink. It looked like apple juice with ice, with a green straw and paper parasol stuck through a maraschino cherry.

He reached to grab it, but his hand was so weak that he nearly dropped it.

"Careful," a familiar voice said.

Grover was leaning against the porch railing, looking like he hadn't slept in a week. Under one arm, he cradled a shoe box. He was wearing blue jeans, Converse hi-tops, and a bright orange T-shirt that said CAMP HALF-BLOOD. Whatever that meant.

Maybe Percy had just had a nightmare. Maybe his mom was ok, they were still on vacation and they'd stopped here at this weird big house house for some reason And...

"Are you ok?" He didn't recognize that voice.

He looked to see another person sitting right across from him. She looked to be about his age, 12, and had brown hair and brown eyes. She looked at him with concern, as if he was dying. At that point he was convinced that he was dying.

"Uhm... I think so?"

"Ok... Well, I'm gonna go tell Mr. D and Chiron that he's awake now. See you Grover!"

"Bye Ivy," Grover smiled at her. She glanced at Percy and sent him a small smile that said something like feel better. He couldn't help but smile back. Something about that girl made him feel weirdly awkward. His thoughts, however, were interrupted when Grover said,

"You saved my life, I ... well, the least I could do... I went back to the hill. I thought you might want this."

Reverently, Grover placed the box in his lap. Inside, there was a black and white bull's horn, the base jagged from being broken off. The tip was splattered with dried up blood. Apparently it wasn't some horrific nightmare.

"The Minotaur," he said.

"Um, Percy, it isn't a good idea—"

"That's what they called him in the Greek myths, isn't it?" he, very rudely, interrupted. "The Minotaur. Half man, half bull."

Grover shifted uncomfortably. "You've been out for two days. How much do you remember?"

"My mom. Is she really..."