04 / welcome to the club, percy!

CHAPTER 4, ACT 1
IVY

      𝐈𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 thing that Ivy was truly good at, it was hand-to-hand combat

      𝐈𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 thing that Ivy was truly good at, it was hand-to-hand combat. She knew every weak spot in the body, which proved to be very beneficial in capture the flag.

If you were to ask anyone to describe her fighting style in one word, they would say this: fast. She would hit you with a series of jabs, and before you knew it, you were on the floor.

Most everyone wanted her on their team for capture the flag, which is how she got into the predicament that is being on Clarisse's team.

Normally she would be on Annabeth's side, but, Katie Gardner, daughter of Demeter, had 'convinced' her to join her team. (Read: threatened)

As she waited for the conch horn to sound for dinner, she walked out to the strawberry fields, where she often went to relax.

"Did you hear about what happened with Percy?" Katie had asked her as she sat down in the strawberry fields.

"No, what happened?" Ivy asked, clearly interested in what happened.

"I heard he beat Luke today in sword fighting."

Ivy's jaw dropped. "He what!?" Nobody could beat Luke, he was the best swordsman at camp.

"I know! That's like impossible to do!" Katie shook her head in disbelief.

Ivy nodded. She looked out at Camp half-blood, the grass and the lakes glimmering under the sunset, the cabins standing tall in their U shape, mimicking the way the Olympian throne room was set up.

Katie was right, it was impossible to beat Luke, as much as Ivy didn't want to admit it. He was strong and had been training since he was fourteen. It was certainly a shock for everyone that Percy beat him, especially with how his training was going.

The conch horn blew, startling Ivy out of her thoughts. Katie helped her up, and together they walked towards the pavilion.

As she approached her table, she saw her friend, Tiana Rose, talking with Connor and Percy. Tiana grinned and waved at her, and she returned the gesture. She sent a small smile to Percy and Connor as she sat down at her table.

Connor was too busy talking Tiana's ear off about whatever, but Percy sent her a smile back, his blue eyes crinkling a bit.

Dinner went as normal, the offerings, eating, Mr. D trying to summon some wine, etc. After dinner, however, there more excitement than usual.