03 / are you there, gods? it's me, ivy

Chapter 3, Act 1
IVY
[best read in georgia font, second smallest font size, and black background !]

Chapter 3, Act 1IVY[best read in georgia font, second smallest font size, and black background !]

𝐈𝐕𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 of walking around soaked in toilet water. She probably stunk, her hair was a mess, her clothes would take forever to dry, and more importantly, her favorite pair of shoes were ruined! Talk about a shitty day. Wherever Percy, Ivy, and Annabeth went, whispers and murmurs were left behind. Apparently gossip travels fast in Camp Half-Blood.

Her and Annabeth showed Percy a few more places: the metal shop (where, yes, the kids forge their own swords ), the arts-and-crafts room (where some satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of Pan ), and, finally, the climbing wall. Said climbing wall consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava, and clashed together if you didn't make it in time.

It was pretty fun if you didn't get injured!

Finally, they reached the canoeing lake, where the trial led back to the cabins. Or showers in Ivy's case.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinners at seven thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets."

"Whatever."

"It wasn't my fault."

Annabeth looked at him skeptically. It was obvious that even Percy didn't believe that it wasn't his fault. Oh my gods, Ivy thought with a grimace, unaware of Percy and Annabeth conversation, it's going to take forever to get rid of the smell!

"You need to talk to the oracle," Annabeth said, snapping Ivy out of her thoughts.

"Who?"

"Not who," Ivy said, shifting uncomfortably. "what. The oracle. We'll ask Chiron."

"Well, like I said, I've got training to go to," Annabeth stated. "You think you'll be fine for the rest of the day, Ivy?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, bye Ivy, see you at dinner."

And with that, Annabeth walked away, leaving Ivy and Percy on their own.

Percy stared out at the lake, and so did Ivy. She saw the naiads, with blue jeans and shimmery t-shirts and hair. They waved at someone next to her. She looked around and saw Percy, looking absolutely astonished. He waved back awkwardly.

"Don't encourage them," Ivy warned, holding back a laugh. "Naiads are horrible at flirting."

"Naiads." Well if he wasn't weirded out before he certainly was now, she thought. "That's it. I want to go home now."