Chapter 3

A Journey of Healing

Ghost emerges from the shadows amidst the crimson rocks that surround him, bathed in an eerie glow that highlights his menacing silhouette. Stepping into the canyon, he examines the environment, clenching his firearm tightly, as he takes directives from Laswell, Graves, and Shepherd. He eventually makes it out to a clearing. "I'm eyes on." He says, laying down while taking out his spotter scope to confirm the Russian personnel below.

"Ghost, can you identify the General?" Shepherd asks over the comms. Ghost scans over the trucks to find a group of men standing next to a helicopter. "Armed escorts around one VIP, Russians are very happy to see him."

"It'll be the last time they do." General Shepherd said before Ghost identified Ghorbrani, sending the missiles their way moments before desecrating the desert they stood on.

Ghost watched as the debris flew in his direction. "Direct. Target destroyed."

    — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Following a successful mission, Ghost returned to the base a few days later, readjusting alongside his team. Hattie had been hanging around them, getting to know everybody before they were shipped off all together for her first mission alongside her comrades. Price offered for the team to get together and spar, practicing hand-to-hand combat in case of any instance they needed to use it.

"Alright Sloan, get dressed and meet us back down here in 10, yeah?" Soap said placing the mats on the ground for the men and woman to fight together.

Hattie quickly ran to her room, putting her camo pants on and a black tank top. She put her straight blonde hair into a braid, and ran back down to the room where everybody was now gathered. Price stood above them on the landing of the second story, with both of his hands on the railing looking down at his team in the basement.

"Alright everybody!" Soap said, rubbing his hands together with a smirk on his face. "Who's up?" The team looked at each other wondering what brave soldier would volunteer themselves first.

"I will." The voice of Hattie said before stepping up facing Soap as she put her hands on her hips taking a stance ready to fight. "Give me all you got, and don't you dare hold back." She said with a smirk on her face.

The atmosphere crackled with anticipation as Soap signaled the start of the match. The two circled each other, testing each other's reflexes and studying their style. They never fought with each other before, Hattie not wanting to make the first move in case it bites her in the ass and embarasses herself in front of everybody. Soap started, lunging with a lightning-fast jab, but Hattie sidestepped smoothly, countering with a swift kick aimed at his midsection. The sparring match seamlessly transitioned from hand to hand combat to a display of tactical maneuvers. Sweat glistened on their foreheads as the intensity of the fight heightened. Soap executed a spinning kick, but she managed to grab his leg mid air, turning the tables with a calculated throw.

The two ended up on the ground, each attempting to get the upper hand, which was given to Hattie as she ended up getting him on his back, pulling his arm back until he tapped out.

Chests both rising and falling, Hattie and Soap both on the ground looking at each other as he sat up and gave out a hand for her to take. "I gotta give it to ya lassie, you put up a good fight. Well done." He said as the both of them got up and sat next to each other on the ground as Gaz and ghost went at it.