05. Allure

EARLIER THAT DAY

EARLIER THAT DAY.

Seokjin sighed contently as he walked along the sidewalk. Several people stared at him as he walked by; this wasn't new for him. He was aware of his good looks, so he was never put off by the heavy amount of double takes people did when he walked the streets or went out in public. He was often even asked out on dates, but he always turned them down. He simply just wasn't looking to date right now.

But Seokjin is simply on his way to work. He usually drives, but he's decided to walk today, for no reason in particular. He took his time to admire his surroundings, the large capital of Seoul, brimming with humans and hybrids alike.

After a long, twenty-minute walk, Seokjin finally arrived at a five-star restaurant called Epiphany. He works as a cook there, and he must admit, he's well-loved in the establishment.

He walked around to the back and entered the restaurant with a blank expression, as he usually did. He then made his way into the break room, where he set down his backpack in exchange for his apron. The apron was a dark green in color, with the restaurant's logo printed on the front. He quickly pinned his nametag to the strap of his apron, before hurrying out of the small room and heading to the kitchen, where a few other employees were.

"Good morning, Wendy. Minnie. Taeyeon," Seokjin greeted as he walked in. The kitchen was loud, and although it was just the three women occupying the area, the chatter was no different. The women, however, quieted down when Seokjin arrived. They all smiled at him and greeted him back.

Wendy, a dog hybrid, approached him and gave him a friendly fist bump. "How's your morning so far, big guy?" She questioned cheerfully.

Seokjin offered her a small smile in return, before walking over to the sink and washing his hands. "Pretty good. I walked today. Nice weather," he responded.

Soon enough, the four of them were cooking up breakfast for the day, as several customers flooded into the restaurant for a warm meal.

After preparing a bowl of tteokbokki and a side plate of kimbap, Seokjin carefully handed the warm food off to a human waitress named Danielle, sending her off with a firm head nod. He then wandered back to his station and waited for his next order, which didn't take long.

Quicker than he expected, several hours later, Seokjin was standing in the break room, hanging up his apron and slinging his backpack over his left shoulder. He ran his fingers through his hair as he exited the room and then walked out of the restaurant's back door. He was now on his lunch break.

His destination was his cousin's bakery café. He almost always went there to eat his homemade lunch, so that he could talk to his cousin and sometimes enjoy a pastry and a smoothie. Plus, he gets discounts on his purchases whenever he brings over fresh food from work. Today isn't one of those days, though-poor Taehyung.

As he was walking, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He fished it out of his pocket and answered the call. It was Seowon.

"Hey, Wonnie."

"Hey, Jin!"

"What'd you call for?"

"Oh, wow," Seowon dragged out, feigning an offended tone. Seokjin chuckled and rolled his eyes at her dramatics. "So now I need a reason to call my big brother? Huh?" She asked playfully.

Seokjin shook his head, smiling. "No, but get on with it, you buffoon, I'm on my way to De Fleurs for food. I'm starving. Have you eaten yet, by the way?"

"I have. I had jjajangmyeon! It was super good."

"Ugh, now I want some," Seokjin groaned out.

Seowon giggled. "I'll make some and bring it to you sometime this week, Jin, don't worry. Anyway, I was calling because I wanted to tell you that I'm officially a taken woman!" She shouted excitedly.

Seokjin's eyes widened, a smile taking over his face. "You finally had the guts to ask Jieun out?!"

"What? No! She asked me out!"

"Coward."

"Yah! Stop bullying me! I'm hanging up now, so go enjoy your stupid pastries, asshole."

Seokjin nearly choked on his laughter. "Will do, dummy. I'll get you one too and give it to you when you bring the noodles. Bye, Wonnie. Love you."

"I love you too, big bro. Bye."

Seokjin hung up the phone and looked up again, realizing he was almost at

But something was wrong. Seokjin felt it as soon as he neared the familiar bakery. And then he smelled it. Amongst every other customer's scent, two specific scents overpowered them all. One clearly belonged to his cousin, and it was full of rage. The other belonged to someone Seokjin didn't recognize, but he could recognize the fear in it. He tried his best to ignore how alluring the stranger's scent was, a mix of strawberries and vanilla, despite its strong spike in negative emotion.

Seokjin wasted no time in pushing the bakery door open and rushing inside. He came to a halt a few feet away from Taehyung and the stranger's, the former's back facing him. The werewolf sighed, his jaw setting in a way that made him look intimidating as he stood tall.

"Kim Taehyung. Calm down, now."