Chapter Four

Luxa

When they landed in Regalia, Vikus was barely breathing. Every second in between each of his faint breaths scared Luxa more and more. Howard and several other doctors circled Vikus in a flurry of activity. Luxa held his hand the whole time. 

Until she couldn't anymore. Howard was taking to her but she didn't hear him. She knew he was telling her to let go of Vikus' hand. With much resistance, she did. 

Man, did they need Gregor. The Bane had a daughter. This was bad news. That means there was probably another prophecy. Surely including Gregor.

She couldn't stand there and wait for Vikus. She had to go to the prophecy room. 

• • •

In the prophecy room, Luxa examined every wall and for nothing about a daughter of the Bane. She did find a strange handprint on the wall. The handprint hand a smaller one inside of it. She fit her hand the best she could in the bigger handprint. The big one was a bit to big for her and the small one was clearly a child's. As soon as she and situated her hand, the wall around the handprint opened. Inside was a smaller room with a single prophecy carved on the walls.

THE PROPHECY OF THE QUEEN;

THE WARRIOR HAS BEEN GONE 

FOR A TIME THREE YEARS LONG

IF HE SHALL RETURN,

A GNAWER MUST TAKE HIM FROM HIS HOME

THE BANE, NOT REVIVED

HAS A CHILD ALIVE

A STAB THROUGH THE HEART

OF THE MOST ESSENTIAL PART

OF THE QUEEN'S MIND

THE BANE SHE MUST FIND

 THE WARRIOR COMES,

AS IT IS HIS DEED. 

BUT HIS IS PULLED BY SOMETHING ELSE,

FOR LOVE IS HIS CREED. 

WARRIOR OR QUEEN,

ONE MUST DIE

OR ELSE-----

The rest of the prophecy was scratched out. Ripred entered with a squirming sack in his paws. 

"I brought you a present." Ripred said sarcastically.