Chapter Forty: Discussions

When Kiyora opened her eyes, she was meditating in her usual spot. The gem was glowing with her energies as she sat up, feeling tired. Going over to the coffee machine, she was about to start making herself something. Then, someone offered her a cup of coffee.

Looking up, she saw Miya smiling. Taking it, Kiyora nodded and sipped her coffee. It had too much cream for Kiyora's tastes, but the sugar amount was about right. And it beat putting in the effort of making it herself, at least. "Thank you, Miya."

"Oh, don't mention it, really," said Miya cheerfully. She had a very bubbly kind of smile, and Kiyora found it... nice. "Anything I can do to help?"

Kiyora wiped the sleep from her eyes. "I'm looking for Belora. Do you know where she is?"

"Usual spot, I think," said Miya.

Kiyora finished her coffee.

Then she headed out, trying to shake the sand out of her legs as she walked. Finding the office, Nelrein was already there making a report. Both looked up in surprise as Kiyora saluted sleepily. She was so tired.

"Belora, I need your permission for something," said Kiyora.

"What is it, girlfriend?" asked Belora.

Going a little fast, wasn't she? Kiyora liked how Belora looked, but 'girlfriend' she was not. "Don't call me that, please.

"This is serious."

"Alright, alright, chillax," said Belora, typing. Kiyora hated that word.

"You've had me under orders just to observe and not do anything," said Kiyora. "The thing is, I'm also the Dreaming Goddess. And if I'm not doing anything, I'm not fulfilling my job as the Dreaming Goddess."

"Okay," said Belora. "What do you need?"

"I need information on two people," said Kiyora. "Cervan and Jezebel."

"Oh, you mean Fayn's Mom and Dad," said Belora. "What about them?"

"What do they have to do with this?" asked Kiyora.

"My guess?" asked Belora. "They're testing out how the Devouring Blade fragments react using a proxy. Fayn and Aklus both have one, but fed them differently. Aklus is dead, Fayn has his fragment.

"They'll probably observe what Fayn does with it and then steal it later. Then there will be a big fight."

"And you figured all this out?" asked Kiyora. "How?"

"I chillax," said Belora, still typing. "Anyway, they are both on Kadan. Probably using Fayn as an unwitting pawn to fulfill their evil schemes. Maybe programmed her with a kill switch or mind control she'll have to get over.

"It's what I would do."

Kiyora blinked. "Shouldn't we do something about this?"

"Well, we can keep our eyes out for more information," said Belora. "But this really strikes me as kind of a... sequel hook. I don't think Jezebel or Cervan are going to be showing up in this movie."

"What if they're involved?" asked Kiyora.

"Well then we ought to keep our eyes open so we can see them," said Belora. "But that isn't actually the problem. The problem is the bandits screwing up the exports to Kadan.

"So I need you to observe the meeting with Schezar first."

"There is something I'd like to suggest, Kiyora," said Nelrein.

"What is it?" asked Kiyora.

"Map information," said Nelrein. "I feel it would be best to get a detailed map of Harlenor."