seven (please picture me in the trees)

Halloween was just around the corner, casting an enchanting environment over Hogwarts. The Great Hall has been recently decorated with floating jack-o-lanterns. The air was infused with the scent of cinnamon and pumpkin spice.

Tessa sat next to Luna during lunch. She was confused because Hermione always sat next to Tessa and she was nowhere to be seen. "Where is Mione?" Tessa asked concerned.

"I dunno, she never showed up, maybe she is studying in the library," Luna replied calmly.

"I will check up on her later."

"How are your classes, Luna?" Tessa asked Luna who was reading The Daily Prophet upside down. Tessa started to help herself to an apple cider donut.

"Fine, the only class I am struggling in is Charms, Flitwick keeps putting more and more work onto my shoulders every day," Luna replied as she blew air out of her mouth.

"I'm sorry, you should ask the teacher for extra help," Tessa suggested as she took another bite of her sweet donut. Luna lowered the newspaper and smiled at Tessa affectionately.

Tessa stepped into the library anxiously searching the room for her missing friend. Relief flooded through as she noticed Hermione with an assortment of books on her table. Tessa couldn't help but notice Hermione's face was full of distress.

"Where were you at lunch?" Tessa's voice was laced with concern as she took a seat next to her. Hermione hesitated, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Are you okay?" Tessa asked concerned.

"I failed my potion assignment earlier and I don't know what to do," admitted Hermione, her voice quivering. Tessa reached out, placing a comforting hand on Hermione's shoulder. Hermione's face crumbled, and tears welled up, pouring at the seams. "I never failed an assignment in my life Tessa, I am an utter failure," Hermione cried.

"Don't say that Hermione, we will figure out a way to bring up your grade," Tessa said as she pulled Hermione in a tight hug. "Why do you have unrealistically high expectations for yourself?" Tessa asked politely.

"I feel like that is the only thing I am good at and I made it my reputation," Hermione confessed.

"I don't think that is the only thing you are good at, I became friends with you because you are incredibly funny and sweet, Mione," Tessa frowned.

"Really?" Hermione questioned with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"Yes, we should go to Snape and try to fix your grade, I will even offer to tutor you," Tessa generously offered.

"You are right, this is fixable, thank you Tessa for being a really good friend to me," Hermione smiled at her with wet tears on her cheeks.

"Of course, I am always here for you no matter what," Tessa said comfortingly wiping Hermione's tears. Tessa got out of her seat and started packing the books into Hermione's bag.

"Come on, let's go talk to Snape right now," Tessa said as she pulled Hermione out of her chair.

Tessa led the way to the Potions classroom anxiously. She approached Snape who was grading assignments at his desk. "Is there a way I can tutor Hermione to get her grade back up?"

"Perhaps, but it would require discipline and hard work from both of you. Are you willing to put in the effort, Tessa?" Snape strictly asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Do not disappoint me, I will be adding on extra assignments for both of you as well since you are at the top of your class," Snape said not looking up as he was grading his papers.

"Yes sir, thank you," Tessa responded relieved.

"Thank you, Tessa, I am surprised he let you tutor me. I guess your talent in potions, paid off," Hermione laughed as they walked back to their dormitory.

When they got back to their dormitory, Tessa was greeted by Cedric. She was excited to see her boyfriend after a long winding day.

"I am going to head to my next class, bye Tessa," Hermione said leaving the couple alone.

"I tried looking for you earlier and I couldn't find you," Cedric explained.

"Oh, we asked Snape if I could tutor Hermione so she could get her grade up, she was sobbing over it."

"Oh, well that was nice of you, Tessa," Cedric said as inched closer to her. "That is why I wanted to be your boyfriend because you are generous and a genuine person," Cedric said right before cupping Tessa's face and kissing her softly.

"And I wanted to be your girlfriend because you are so sweet and funny," Tessa said before pulling him into a tight warm hug. "I am tired, can we just stay here and cuddle for a little bit," Tessa suggested as she got into her bed.

"Of course," Cedric said cuddling her close next to her. Tessa yawned before dozing off for a quick nap on his hard chest.