Chapter 2

We are now in the Library, and Wen Jing once again spotted Wu Qian, and the former decided to approach him from behind.

Wen jing: " Hey there, we meet once again," he whispers in Wu Qian's ear. "What are you doing here, Qian ?," he added.

Wu Qian turned around: " H-hello young master, I'm here to read the rules of the Wen kingdom."

Wen Jing:" Oh my, why are you so red, Qianqian? Are you sick?" He said as he smirked.

Wu Qian:" I'm f-fine young master and erm, what brings you here? "

Wen Jing: "Ahhh,... I'm here to copy the Wen kingdom's rules a thousand times... Well, the thing is, Madame Wen found out that I sneaked out of the palace...

Upon hearing this, Wu Qian couldn't hold in a chuckle.

Wen Jing: " Laugh, laugh all you want," he said mokingly.

Wu Qian: " Ah, Pardon me young master, this servant didn't mean to offend you.

Wen Jing then pulled Wu Qian closer and said: " Why so serious Qianqian? I was joking and why don't you join me for some tea?" He said in an expectant tone.

Wu Qian: " Young master, I would love to, but now that I remember, Concubine Xiang ordered me to the tailor's to make her a custom Hanfu and didn't you have to copy the Kingdom's rules a thousand times?"

Wen Jing: "Ahh, ermm, well you sure do owe me one tho!"

Wu Qian: "I sure do young master."

Wen Jing: "Aish Wu Qian, call me Jing, drop such courtesy when you're with me, after all you're my dear friend."

Wu Qian: "B-but young master are y-you sure?"

Wen Jing: "Oh I sure am and I think you're running late, off you go!"

Later that night, faint weeping was heard near the kingdom's central Lily pond. It was Wu Qian! His tears were continuously flowing into the pond.

Suddenly footsteps echoed in the hall and he quickly wiped his tears. He then felt a warm, slender hand on his shoulder. His pale face went even paler. He thought he disturbed a higher official thought his weeping.

Alas, he mustered all his courage and he turned around. To his surprise, he saw Wen Jing. He sighed out of relief.

Wu Qian: "Oh young mas-I mean Jing, it's you..."

Wen Jing: "Yes it indeed is me, but why were you crying Qianqian?"

Wu Qian: "O-oh it was nothing."

Wen Jing: "Who made you cry c'mon you can tell me", he wiped the tears off of Wu Qian's face.

Wu Qian felt the warm palms that cupped his pale cheeks: I-it was my fault... Instead of golden linings for lady Xian's Hanfu, I accidentally ordered linings.

When she saw that, she got furious and ordered me to get whipped 100 times...

Upon having heard this, Wen Jing's face twisted: How dare she.

Wen jing: " Wait, Qian are you her personal servant or something? Or perhaps you have an assigned person to take care of?"

Wu Qian: "N-no I dont," he replied with a hint of confusion.

Upon hearing Wu Qian's answer Wen Jing's eyes lit up and he spoke: "How about you serve me?! I promise I will always protect you!"

Wu Qian: "J-jing are you s-sure?, wouldn't that ve a hassle?"

Wen jing then giggled: "I am the sole successor of the Wen kingdom after all."

Wen jing: "Tomorrow you shall accompany me to the royal discussion room."

Wu Qian bowed to show his gratefulness.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello guys 👋  how are you all doing? I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far 😊