Chapter 5

Wu Qian was pacing back and forth in his room, his mind racing with questions. Why had Wen Jing refused to see him? Had he done something wrong?

He decided to go and ask Song Lan, hoping to get some answers. As he approached Song Lan's room, he heard him talking to someone else.

"I still don't understand why Wen Jing sacrificed his life for him," Song Lan said, his voice heavy with emotion.

Wu Qian's heart skipped a beat. Sacrificed his life? What did that mean? He burst into the room, his eyes wide with fear.

"What do you mean? Where is Wen Jing?" he asked, his voice trembling.

"Tsk, it's good you found out. Wen Jing is no longer alive. He died while saving you," replied Song Lan, his voice heavy with regret.

Wu Qian felt like he had been punched in the gut. He couldn't believe that his friend and savior was no more. He collapsed on the ground, weeping uncontrollably. His legs felt numb, and his heart was heavy with sorrow.

Song Lan pushed him out of the room and closed the door, leaving Wu Qian alone with his grief. He wished he could take back his words and undo the pain he had caused Wu Qian.

As Wu Qian lay there, his mind raced back to the day Wen Jing stood up for him and when he consoled him.

Wu Qian felt a deep sense of guilt. He had always felt indebted to Wen Jing for saving his life, but he had never had the chance to thank him. And now he never would.

He wiped his tears.

**** AUTHOR'S NOTE ****

Hello, everyone! I hope you're all doing great. Sorry for the short chapter 😢. Do you guys think Wen Jing really died while saving Wu Qian?