Chapter 3

The next day, Wu Qian, as promised, accompanied Wen Jing to the meeting. When they entered, all eyes were on the prince's right side, that is, where Wu Qian was present.

The people in the room started whispering to each other out of shock as the prince never appointed a personal servant by himself. Everyone knew just how picky of a person he was. They were all in awe that the newly gifted servant would catch the prince's eyes.

At last, different people had different reactions. Some concubines were interested in the 'girl' that the prince had appointed... yes, they thought Wu Qian was a maiden.

Some concubines like Lady Xiang were enraged.

Servant 1: "Huh! How many days do you think he'll even last?"

Servant 2: "I heard she was abandoned at birth."

Upon hearing this, Wu Qian clenched his fists.

Servant 2: "I heard she's very close to the prince."

Concubine Xiang: "I'll teach him a lesson, just you guys wait and watch."

At that moment, Wu Qian was sent to the kitchen to get some tea.

Concubine Xiang: "Let's go girls."

Wu Qian was about to return to the discussion room when the same group of girls stopped him.

Servant 1 then poured a bucket of ice-cold water on Wu Qian, who in turn refused to say anything and hurried to the discussion room, hands trembling.

All eyes were yet once again on him.

Upon seeing Wu Qian in such a state, Wen Jing said: "Qianqian, are you okay?!"

Just then, the group of girls started to laugh. Wu Qian then lowered his gaze. After connecting the dots, Wen Jing ordered the guards to seize the group of girls including Lady Xiang.

Wu Qian: "Jing its fine they won't do it again."

Wen Jing: "But Qianqian-"

Madame Wen: "Qianqian?! My son he is a gentleman and not a maiden. "

Wen Jing: " I know, but he is diligent, has a small waist, long legs, plump lips, milky skin smoother than silk, and he also has feminine features. So Qianqian it is!"

Everyone present in the room was shocked, mouth open, they didn't even know why. Was it because the prince's newly appointed personal servant was a gentleman and no lady or the fact that the prince was describing the former as the most treasured jade he had found throughout the seven continents.

After all this chaos, Wen Jing turned to the group of girls and spoke in a rather stern voice: "As for you three, if these mannerisms continue, you know what will happen."

He then grabbed Wu Qian's delicate hands and left the room, leaving everyone once again baffled.

They then reached the central Lily pond and Wu Qian spoke:

"Thank you for standing up for me."

Wen Jing just nods with a soft smile on his face.

Later at night, During the same day, a scream was heard from Lady Xiang's Room: "HELP, HELP ALL OF MY CLOTHES ARE RUINED, SOMEONES BURNT MY CLOTHES FIND THAT TRAITOR AND BEHEAD HIM!!!"

Well, I wonder who that 'traitor' was...

**********End of chapter 3*********

Author's note: Hello guys! Hope you guys are all doing well, and happy new year!! Wish you guys a prosperous new year and sorry for the grammatical mistakes. ❤️