× Chapter 2 ×

The strong sunlight caressed my face, waking me up slightly

     The strong sunlight caressed my face, waking me up slightly. I sat up, hearing a light knock. Silas entered the room, smiling warmly .
"How did you sleep?" He asked looking at my black, tousled hair. "Okay" I said giggling. "Today you will meet a new commander" he said coldly, throwing my armor on the bed. I have to go, mom won't be happy if she sees me in your room" he chuckled, heading for the door "Bye Silas" I said throwing the blanket aside, chuckling.

After the door slowly closed I picked up the pleated skirt which was covered with a metal belt containing pockets and a sheath for a pointed cuff. In the upper part I put an armor and I caught my long, black hair in a hight ponytail.

I opened the door, going into the throne room, where the emperor and empress were sitting on thrones, staring at me with coldness. Standing next to them was Silas, the prince of the Dragon Kingdom. I bowed, as a sign of respect. "As you know,  our first archer you will meet your new commander today, we think that you will get along well and respect each other" I raised my head, curiously looking towards the huge hall's doors . A tall, well-groomed man entered, walking on the red carpet that was placed in the middle of the room. He came to me, respectfully greeting the king and queen, smiling warmly.

After the award ceremony, I went out with him to the palace garden. He looked at me curiously, holding out my hand." My name is Ash" his brown hair fell into his eyes slightly as I held his hand excitedly "I'm Rey" I said smiling "I've heard a lot about the first archer of the Dragon Kingdom, I thought you were tougher considering you killed Yamata- no-Orochi" I giggled at his words. "I'm only bad when I'm fighting monsters." He smiled sweetly at me "Then I hope we get along well".

    Time passed and Ash and I became good friends spending time together , training. He taught me to wield the sword skillfully but the emperor always looked at me, displeased even though I was among his best soldiers.
One day I was urgently summoned by the emperor of the Dragon Kingdom, not knowing that my life would change.