× Chapter 9 ×

I was looking thoughtfully at the fierce beast covered with green and black scales

     I was looking thoughtfully at the fierce beast covered with green and black scales. I took out my medallion from under my blouse, playing with it. This calmed me down, reminding me of my mother. The dragon began to look more closely at my necklace exclaiming in surprise "Is that the moon medallion?" I looked at him puzzled, the boys being very confused "I don't know..." the dragon came closer and I could feel his warm breath. "It really is! Where did you get it from?" asked the dragon after a long pause. "From my mother, it's the only thing that keeps me connected to her" I sighed deeply, feeling two hands caressing my back, they were Ash's and Silas's.

"So, if that's the case, I can give you the pearl. Why didn't you say from the beginning that you were the daughter of the moon goddess?" I looked at him confused "I didn't know" i looked at him completely confused . The dragon handed me a small, matte sphere. He made me promise not to use the pearl for negative purposes because that would kill the dragons.

The boys looked at me, Ash smiling warmly at me "So now you're some kind of goddess?" he chuckled. Silas put his hand on my shoulder, looking into my green eyes. "Go to sleep, princess" he said delicately "Tomorrow we continue the mission" said Ash sadly "without the horses..." I looked at them, sitting on the sleeping bag brought from home. Before I closed my eyes I looked at the pure moon once more knowing that my mother will protect me on the long journey.