Chapter 1- In the Back Alleys

Ok hi guys! This is my first The Script fanfic and i am not really sure where it is going yet so bare with me if i am a little slow at updating and if its terrible! Anyway The Script are the best band ever in exsistance! This book is named after my fav song in the new album #3 Millionaires! I hope u like it! Please vote and comment! It would mean so much to me! Thanks so much if u have even read this far! Your all amazing! :)

                                                     HazelJ :)

P.S All chapters will be from Dannys P.O.V till further notice! :)

P.P.S I know this chapter is short but then next will be longer! Promise! Enjoy! :)

*******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1- In the Back Alleys

I can hear the buzz of traffic reminding me that even while the world sleeps Dublin is still bubbling with life. I stagger along the dimly lit streets, really regretting those last few drinks. My phone beeps and with fumbling fingers I pull it from my pocket only to find the words ‘Out of battery, shutting down’ flashing on the screen before it becomes black. "Fucking thing." I mutter before stuffing it carelessly back into my pocket. As I walk I know there is something I have forgotten, something important, but the drink clouds my mind making thinking almost impossible. It’s probably just a joke Mark told me or a new riff that Glen will remind me of tomorrow. I hear the screech of a cat and the sound of distant drunk laughter drifting through the night. I pull my jacket tighter around me as the cold wind runs its icy fingers over my body. I look up to see a gang of youths heading towards me, "Shit" I mutter. I know it sounds pathetic but I really don't want a run in with them on my own in the dark, so instead I turn and head down a back alley.

The alley is almost pitch black as my feet crunch over the gravel, broken glass and god knows what else that litters the floor. Suddenly, there is a loud clang that makes me jump, before I realise my foot has just hit a tin can. I look self-consciously around me feeling stupid, cursing quietly under my breath before pushing on into the darkness. Suddenly I stop dead; I can hear something; somewhere someone is breathing heavily, somewhere close. I stand completely still; I mean I am not scared it's just...ok actually maybe I am a bit scared...ok so maybe I am very scared. The breathing begins to move towards me, getting closer and closer. I gulp as I feel my heartbeat increasing and the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Suddenly I begin to run, I leg it down the alley not wanting to look back. I get the feeling whatever it is, whoever it is, is following me. I speed round the corner and that's when it hits me. I cry out as I go tumbling to the ground, something on top of me. I panic for a moment before I see her face in the moonlight, the wild auburn hair, the shinning green eyes, and the deep cut above her left eye. I scramble to my feet, my right hand cut from broken glass.

"Oh god, I’m sorry, I didn't see you." I say holding out my hand to help the girl up. She looks at my hand, her eyes wide with fear. Ever so slowly she takes it and gets to her feet before sharply pulling it back. "Are you alright?" I ask as she shies away. Suddenly her head shoots sideways; she reminds me of some sort of animal, a meerkat maybe, looking out for danger. Then I hear it; heavy footfall, maybe 5 or 6 people and they are heading towards us. Suddenly the girl looks at me, her eyes full of terror, her pale face lit by the moon.

"Help me." she says, her voice like that of a child. I look over my shoulder towards where the sound is coming from, unsure of what to do.

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Help me, please." She begs and I can feel something pull at my heart. I look her over, she can't be more than 19, her long auburn hair hangs in loose ringlets that are matted and dirty, her clothes ragged and torn and in desperate need of a wash, her emerald green eyes shining with fear and the large gash above her eye.

I sigh. "Ok, come with me." I say, reaching out a hand to her. She cautiously takes it and I smile. "This way." I say, before setting off at a run hand in hand with a strange girl, at night, in the back alleys of Dublin...well, this is normal.