Chapter 24 - Spinning Madly

Chapter 24 – Spinning Madly

*Danny’s POV*

I sit with my head resting against the window, watching as the clouds cover up the ground as we climb higher and higher. I try to stop the feeling spreading out from my chest, the feeling of pain, but I can’t. I feel homesick already, but not for my little flat, nor my home town or country, but from being away from her, from them, from Cat and Autumn. I glance sideways to where Glen is juggling Celebrations and Mark is playing with the bubbles Callum gave him. I sigh, at least they seem happy. I put my head back on to the window and plug myself in to my headphones. I look through my playlists, looking for the right one to match my mood and then setting it to shuffle. Then, I close my eyes as the song fades into life and let the melody wash over me.

"I woke up and wished that I was dead

With an aching in my head

I lay motionless in bed

I thought of you and where you'd gone

and let the world spin madly on"

I sit completely still, trying not to cry as images of Cat and Autumn flash through my mind.

"And Everything that I said I'd do

Like make the world brand new

And take the time for you

I just got lost and slept right through the dawn

And the world spins madly on"

 I feel the pang of guilt, it is my fault Autumn is gone, and then if I had just gone and found Cat, talked to her...I have been so stupid.

"I let the day go by

I always say goodbye

I watch the stars from my window sill

The whole world is moving but I'm standing still"

The dawn is beginning to show, revealing the world below me, making me feel even more lost and distant.

"I woke up and wished that I was dead

With an aching in my head

I lay motionless in bed

The night is here and the day is gone

And the world spins madly on

I thought of you and where you'd gone

And the world spins madly on.

And the world spins madly on."

I look down at the earth below me, watching as the world spins madly on.

*Autumn’s POV*

I am exhausted by the time we arrive, who knew hours of doing nothing could be so tiring. The man who gave us a lift drives off quickly, disappearing down an alleyway. Even though I know dawn has now risen the streets here are still cold and black. Dark, grey buildings tower around us, newspapers blotting out windows here and there, graffiti claiming many of the walls. Cassidy keeps close to my legs, warming them a little against the cold.

“This way.” Rory says in a quiet, deep voice that I can tell means he is worried, nervous. He leads us over to one of the tall houses, glass scatters the path up to the house and I hear Cassidy whimper in pain. I walk slowly behind Rory as he ascends the three small steps up to the wooden door that seems to have once been painted green but now as the door rots the paint has all but chipped away. Rory has barely finished knocking when the door is answered by a large, ruff looking man with a large scar snaking along his cheekbone.