𝟖.

RANVIJAY

No one dares touch you, not even God. Only I have the right to touch you. If anyone ever dared, I would surely tear his hand off and let the blood flow straight from the veins. I would become a bridge between you and your troubles.

I threw my cigarette in the air when I witnessed that someone was targeting Kashish from the tower. "Fuck!" I sighed. She was laughing while talking over the call. I wanted to alert her but I had no time, so I ran towards her.

She turned back in chaos and widened her eyes while I approached her. I dragged her into my arms and straight-landed on the ground. "Ahhh!" she screamed and her hands got shattered on the ground. She kept touching ground while I'm leaned on her like a blanket.

My one hand was beneath her head while the other gripped her waist. My cheeks touched her chin. She was breathing heavily and making herself suffocate perhaps my 80-kg body was hurting her muslin skin. I sighed while my eyes were closed.

"Sir, I can't breathe", She started sobbing. I opened my eyes. My rough lips were near her neck and was keep touching her skin. I tried hard not to contact her skin but my pain forced me to curl my lips. My lips were closed after brushing her skin. I heard her moan even though the voice was not audible.

I turned my face towards her. "Are you okay, Kashish? Aren't you hurt somewhere?" I asked while cupped her face with my one hand. I was sweating from head to toe while she paused her glare at me. I squeezed her waist like cotton. "Raaje, say something, are you okay?" I asked low in breath.

"I'm all right", she whispered, and our eyes were pinned to each other for the moment. She closed her eyes as my hand was still squeezing her waist. My veins on my forehead and neck were popped up. "Try to get up", I said, and she nodded. "Wait, I'm moving myself", I somehow managed to get up.

She stood up but her eyes still paused at me. "Kashish", I grabbed her hand. "You have a wound, do you feel pain?" I asked while my hand cupped her face. She had a scratch on her elbow. She was in pain, and I don't want to see her in pain, as it makes me hurt. "Let's go, we need to visit the doctor right now", I said.

I was shivering, seeing her in pain. I turned my heels but her words made me pause. "S-sir, wait", she clutched my hand and I turned my glares to her. "I'm all right", she said low in breath. I took some steps towards her until I was one step away from her. "Are you sure?" I cupped her face with my both hands. She flickered her eyes and nodded. Our eyes were pinned to each other until Arjun broke our glares. "Ranvijay, Kashish, are you okay, guys?" he asked.

"Yeah, sir, I'm fine but I don't know why Ranvijay sir approached me like this", she shifted her eyes over me. "Actually, the guys over there missed their target shot, and that bullet was about to hit Kashish, but I managed to dodge the bullet", I said in low breath. I was still sweating.

"Thanks sir, for saving me!", she exclaimed in gratitude. I don't know why I turned my eyes away from her. The way she thanked me again reminded me of the girl I love insanely. "Kashish, go to your camp now", I said in a cold tone, and she walked out.

"Ranvijay, how's it possible that the target practice officers missed their target? I mean, they have been practicing for months", Arjun asked while my eyes were pinned to the tower. "She was attacked by someone from that tower", I said while pointed out at the tower. "What!!" he said.

"I lied so that she doesn't panic, how will she react when she comes to know that someone is attacking her again and again? I said. "Thank God you managed to dodge their bullet and save her", Arjun said. My breath was starting choked.

"Why are you breathing heavily? Are you okay?" He asked when he saw my struggles for breath. "They didn't miss their target as the bullet hit my shoulder", I said while he paused his glares at me. "What!!"