Telling the Truth

The campsite was quite, everyone waiting for someone to break the silence. Qrow then took a drink from his flask and said, "Really? No questions?" 

Jaune then said, "Of course we have questions. This is just a lot to take in."

You don't even know half of it, said Mewtwo.

Eva was sitting next to Seth, with his head in Ruby's lap. Ruby was brushing Seth's hair.

"So these,...maidens...they're powerful fighters who don't need Dust to use magic?"

"And when one of them dies," said Ren, "the power transfers to someone they care about. A female?" 

"Who ever was in their last thoughts," replied Qrow, "Important distinction. Best option, it's someone we can trust. Regardless, they're souls become combined, in a certain way." 

"And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha," said Jaune, "The night the tower fell. You tried to turn her into one of them."

"No Jaune," said Pyrrha, "I chose to do it. It was my decision and mine alone." 

"The previous fall maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, and inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know as Cinder, somehow took half of her power. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well."

So you forced her, said Yveltal.

"Please," said Pyrrha, "I chose myself. That the choice was mine to make, that there was no shame in saying no. But I chose to try to save her."

"You were there," said Qrow, "You heard her." 

Jaune just gave Qrow a look, and walked off. 

"I'll go talk to him," said Pyrrha, following Jaune. 

"That guy Tyrian," said Ruby, "why was he after me and Seth?" 

Qrow sighed, "Well, you both definitely painted a target on your backs with what you did at Beacon. I told you having silver eyes was a rare trait, and having Pokemon is dangerous since they're considered the enemy of all Grimm. And the fact that you both were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people."

Not people, said Mewtwo, One person: Salem.

"Exactly," said Qrow, "Not many people know about the silver eyes. But those that do aren't very happy that two have surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you. In order to make sure you were safe."

"But you could've just come with us," said Ruby, "Why do you work from the shadows?" 

"He was using you as bait," said Jaune. 

"I wouldn't put it like that," said Qrow, "It's...complicated." 

"Ruby Seth and the Pokemon are being hunted, the schools are being attacked, all for what? What is the point of this? WOULD YOU JUST TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON!?"

"Well," said Qrow, "if you're getting involved, I guess that you should know."

Jaune then sat back on the log with Pyrrha next to him. Qrow then started, "This world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin, three of them are actually real.