4: vulnerabilities

7:13pm

It had been a few hours and the interview had ended. After the interview, Velvet and Veneer took the next hour or so to interact with fans.

You hummed and sang quietly to yourself as you swept the floors in the dressing room while the song 'love fool' by The Cardigans played softly in the background.

Your body fell victim to the rhythm. You spun as you swept, a euphoric feeling washing over you as you forgot your worries for a few moments.

Veneer walked in while your back was to the door. Oblivious, you sang, "-I don't care if you really care, as long as you don't go.." and you continued humming the lyrics. You spun once more, stopping after you saw Veneer standing in the doorway. You clutched the broom tightly as your shoulders tensed.

"I'm sorry!" You blurted, you covered your mouth in embarrassment and rushed to turn off the music playing on your phone.

"(__), really; it's fine—" He tried to reassure you but his words fell on deaf ears.

"I-I promise, it's not what it looks like! I was cleaning I promise!" You became a bit frantic, a nervous wreck some might say. One of your previous bosses yelled at you and assumed you weren't doing your work, even though you desperately tried to prove to him otherwise. As a sensitive person, it stuck with you for some reason.

More than you wanted it to.

But, it wasn't even the reason why you like this. You didn't actually know why you were like this. Truthfully, you've always been a bit timid and bit of a people pleaser. When people were upset because of something you had done, it sent you in a spiral of negative emotions and thoughts, causing you to beat yourself up over things that were really never a huge deal to begin with. You've grown to be ashamed of your vulnerability and sensitivity, causing you to ignore it and bottle it up instead of trying to address it.

In simple terms; you just felt like you wanted to cry. Cry and ball your eyes out like a little kid would over a fallen scoop of ice cream.

Under your breath you began to rant and mutter, a thing you did when you felt anxious or put on the spot. "..well it was kind of what it looked like, but- I cleaned and I was doing my work, I swear.. so, technically it wasn't actually what it looked liked, but at the same time..—" You walked back and forth, basically talking to yourself as you paid no mind to Veneer. It was as if you were trying to convince yourself.

Veneer saw how anxious you had gotten and put an end to it by putting his hands on your shoulders to stop your back-and-forth movements. He's known you for a little while, but he'd never seen you get so worked up and it did worry him a bit.

"(__)!" He raised his voice, interrupting your nervous rant. You watched him silently, your eyes slowly beginning to water. In the heat of the moment, the Earth felt like it had stopped spinning— like you were frozen in time.

And then,

He looked into your eyes, his blue ones pleading. "It's fine," His voice was now calm and soothing in a way.

"I don't mind."

Your breathing slowed and your welled up tears fell as your blinked profusely, causing some of your mascara to run with it.