5: rainy day

3:02am
My Room

I jolted awake and sat up in my bed. My breathing was heavy and my lips dry. A shiver went down my spine as I finally realized it had all been a dream.

A nightmare.

The nightmare.

It had been the same one I used to get two months ago. I thought it was finally over, that it stopped and that I could return to a comfortable nights sleep without worrying about this very interruption.

As my breathing slowed, I lied back down and shut my eyes. The darkness of my room combined with the howling wind just outside my window caused me to stay wide awake. Fear and 'what ifs' engulfed me, like fire to a match.

I couldn't fall asleep. Not after that.

So I grabbed my phone off of my bedside table. I opened up to 'Instagram' and scrolled, Veneer's most recent post popping up on my feed. It was posted just before the interview had started.

It was a picture taken backstage of him holding up the peace sign while he winked. I smiled at my screen, his playful antics charming me. The caption read 'back at another interview w vels!! so thankful to all of you for your support on our newest single 😊💚'

I liked his post.

I spent the next half an hour scrolling on his profile, spending minutes observing his features and getting a glimpse of his life. Some of the photos were candid— I loved those the most. They really captured the Veneer that everyone knew and adored.

The Veneer I adored.

___
6:00am

My alarm beeped, signaling me to get ready for the day. It was the weekend and thankfully, today was an easy day. It was also a rainy day. I felt my emotions matched the ambiance of the day; calm, but a bit troubled.

I needed a break. A day to slow down and recollect myself. A dim light shone through my window as I opened my shades. I cracked open my window slightly, allowing cool air to flow into my cozy room.

I turned on a few of my lamps around the room, it was early and there was no need for harsh lighting.

I went and got ready, taking a quick cold shower to wake me up and applying simple makeup. I applied a bit more concealer today because I was looking a bit tired from my restless night and the extra coverage would make me look more presentable. Since it was still slightly sheer, the darkness under my eyes wasn't as pronounced.

My outfit was simple; a pink fitted off shoulder top with dark wash low-rise flare jeans and small black kitten heels. Today, I put my hair up in a ponytail and slicked down a few of my baby hairs with a small brush, curling them slightly. For accessories, did a pair of white-gold mini hoop earrings along with a few white-gold rings to match.

I then headed into the kitchen. I looked at my phone for the time. I still had about forty minutes before Velvet & Veneer would be expecting their breakfast so I took a look at the list of made of their favorite meals. I decided to get breakfast from a small café, a place that Velvet and Veneer had talked about a few times. They had fresh gourmet pastries and baked goods, as well as a wide variety of other foods and drinks.