7: big day

11:04am
Velvet & Veneer's Limo

Today was a big day.

Today was the day of the interview. The stress was eating at you; being on screen and in person for thousands of people to see. You haven't thought about it until now but, how do they do it? Their every move watched by so many? How could anyone not be nervous? Sure, they've been famous for a little while now but even then they seemed very confident in themselves. Would it kill you to grow a pair for one measly interview?

In the end, there was no way out of it.

You and Velvet were headed to your spa appointment. The two of you were excited, as there was a few hours of relaxation and fun girl talk ahead of you. Especially now since the two had found out that they had officially been nominated for the Lifer Award!

___

The limo parked in front of the salon. As per usual, you got out of the car and held the door for Velvet. The driver drove off just after and the two of you walked in.

The salon was sweet smelling, almost like a subtle coconut scent. The walls were painted a simple light pink and up on the walls hung some pictures and a cork board pinned with photos of clients nails, hair, makeup, etc.

Velvet booked the two of you a premium appointment that consisted of washing and styling your hair, a manicure and pedicure, as well as a facial. She also paid extra so that the two of you would have the salon for yourselves, since she didn't want any unwanted attention to interfere.

The two of you decided to get your hair done first. You relaxed as they massaged the shampoo in your hair. They applied a hair replenishing product to the both of your hair and as it processed they began on your nails. You each sat in one of the comfortable chairs.

Velvet opted for red and gold nails, the red to match her lipstick and the gold to match the gold accents on her outfit, such as her heels and earrings. You decided to go for a (F/C) nail set to match your dress. You usually did your nails at home and preferred something simple, but cute.

"So," Velvet began, turning her head to look at me

"I've been sensing some tension between you and my brother.."

You were sipping on one of the fruity drinks provided with the premium package and when Velvet said that, you almost immediately spat out a mouthful of pineapple and passion fruit juice. "T-tension? What tension?"

"Ugh come on (__). It's so painfully obvious. You like him!"

"Seriously Velvet, it's not like that."