CHAPTER THREE

Then she walked towards Kageyama with a water bottle. "Here you go!" she said as she smiled brightly. "Thankyou...". Y/N began walking away, but she suddenly stopped.

She turned around and looked at Kageyama, who was wiping his face with a towel.

 "You know, I have never ever played volleyball. I just know the rules and all. But even with no experience, I can say that you play really well. When I saw you playing, I just knew that you are talented." Commented Y/N.

 Kageyama looked at her.

 She added, "Now that I think of it, there was some 'King of the court' thing going on in middle school, right? The phrase got so popular that I also know about it even though I presume I was in a completely different school. Well, your level of play does explain the name, I guess."

Kageyama was a bit surprised; he didn't know that his name was so famous...

 But as soon as he was about to open his mouth to say something he got interrupted by Tsukishima who stood behind Y/N.

 "The real reason behind the name? It was given to an arrogant, self – centered setter. King, more like Dictator." 

Tsukishima smirked while saying this.

 Kageyama was furious. He grabbed Saltyshima by his collar tightly. 

"I told you to NOT call me that you dumbass!!" Kageyama roared in anger. 

"Arara, see whose back!" 

Tsukishima just had to make things worse, didn't he?

 Kageyama still held Tsukishima by the collar when Y/N stepped in and gripped Kageyama's arm while exclaiming, "Stop it you two!! Kageyama leave him! Calm down!" 

He let go of Tsukishima but glared at him with his fiery eyes. 

Y/N was still holding Kageyama's arm. When Kageyama saw it, he got a bit flustered. 

Hinata noticed the blush on Kageyama's face. Y/N then let go of his arm.

In the end, Tsukishima and Kageyama got a nice scolding from Daichi.

(Next day, in the class, during recess)

The bell had just rung, the recess had just begun. 

Y/N buried her face in her arms and thought to herself, "I think I'll treat myself to some beverages from the vending machine. Where is the vending machine, though? I have never been to it." 

Then, two familiar looking people entered her class.

 "Kageyama and Hinata? Why must they be here?"

 The two players looked around as if they were searching for someone. Then Hinata looked at Y/N. 

"Hey Y/N! Have you seen Hitoka around? We had a doubt in an English question. We need her help."

 Y/N saw the books in their hands. She looked here and there but she couldn't see her sister around.

 "She's not here. But I can help you if you guys are ok with it." 

"Really?! Thank you so much!"

 "Take two seats in front of me."

(15 minutes later)

"So, you see, this is why option c is the answer."

 Kageyama and Hinata nodded owlishly.

 "Oh, now I Understand. Thank you for the help. I will go back to my class now." Hinata nudged Kageyama and then excused himself.

 "Thank you" Kageyama also thanked Y/N. 

"You're welcome. Now, I'll be going to the vending machine even though I don't really know where it is..." Y/N said, feeling a bit embarrassed. 

"The vending machine? I am going there too." said Kageyama.

 "I can show you the way if you want."