CHAPTER FIVE

(Tuesday, Afterschool)

"Hey Y/N! Aren't you coming to the gym?" Hitoka asked as she signalled towards the door.

 "You go on without me. I will join you guys in some time. Sensei asked me to bring some files to the office. I'll just do that and come." Y/N replied, picking up some books and files from the teacher's table. 

"Ok" Hitoka agreed as she went on.

 Y/N took the books and files in her hands. They were quite heavy. Y/N walked towards the office which was a floor above her classroom. She was struggling very much with the books and files.

 On the way, she saw someone coming towards her. It was Kageyama. 

"Huh?" he questioned as he peeked behind the pile of books which was hiding Y/N's face. "Y/N? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the gymnasium?" 

"I think I should be asking you that." Y/N said with a smile which wasn't visible because of the books.

 "Anyways, here let me help you with these." Kageyama took more than half the pile from Y/N's hands. "Should I take the remaining too?" He asked looking at the books in Y/N's hands.

 "No, I'll be able to carry this much. Thank you for the help though." She flashed another bright smile at Kageyama. He blushed a bit.

 They both made their way towards the office. They kept the books and files in there and walked back towards the gym.

 "By the way, what were you doing in the corridors Kageyama? You usually reach the gym pretty early, don't you?" 

"Uh... I was given cleaning duty so I took some time." 

"Oh... That's nice of you to help out in the class."

 "Yeah, basically everyone has to do it."

 There was again that awkward silence between them. While walking towards the gym, Kageyama occasionally stole glances of Y/N.

 "She's so pretty, nice and kind." He thought to himself.

 "Kageyama." 

Kageyama hummed. 

"Can we be friends?" she asked.

 Kageyama turned to her abruptly with a slight blush on his face.

 "Yes. Of course." He replied as he opened the door to the gym for himself and Y/N. They had already changed into their track suits and practice outfits.

 Hinata and Hitoka looked at the two. Hitoka smiled at both of them only getting a smile back from Y/N. The practice had not started yet.

 Hinata began thinking to himself. He put his index finger on his cheek and scratched it. "First, Kageyama blushes looking at Y/N. Then, he becomes very gentle and nice around her. He started acting a bit nicer since Y/N came. And now he's walking her to the gym?! What do you think Crappyyama?! Huh? I am understanding everything, ok?"

 The expression on Hinata's face changed drastically to an all-knowing smirk. Hitoka got a bit scared looking at Hinata. "Are you Okay Hinata?"

 "Yeah, ToTalLy fine." He said sarcastically.

Coach Ukai made everyone gather together. He announced that they will be going to a training camp with Nekoma and Fukurodani on Saturday (today is Tuesday). The venue will be in Tokyo, Nekoma Koko. The bus will arrive at 4 in the morning. 

Hinata got really pumped up, hearing that he would get to meet Kenma, Bokuto and Lev again after a long time.

 Y/N and Hitoka were also pretty excited as this would be their first training camp as managers of Karasuno. 

The practice went on as usual after that.

(Next Day, Wednesday, recess)

Y/N was sitting on her chair, head on the desk, thinking what she should do now.

"Can we be friends?" "Yes. Of course."

"Hmmm... I think I should go to my new friend." She thought.

 When this thought came to her mind, she started smiling and her heart fluttered a bit. "Oh, this is nothing, just excitement for getting a new friend." She thought quietly to herself.

 Wrongly.

She went to Kageyama's class and peeked inside. Everyone in the class began whispering. This was very irritating. She looked here and there inside the class. Then she found Kageyama asleep on the last bench. 

She went up to him and shook him a little with the intention of waking him up. She then bent a little down. Kageyama woke up and looked up to find his face very close to Y/N's. He blushed and pulled his face away.

 "Good morning, sleeping beauty!"

 Y/N said with her usual smile on her face. 

"Huh?" Kageyama woke up and was confused.

 This one-sided conversation earnt Kageyama and Y/N many raised eyebrows. But they didn't notice.

 "Wanna go and buy something from the vending machine?" Y/N asked.

 Kageyama just nodded in response.

 They went to the vending machine. This time Y/N also bought a carton of milk. They took their drinks and sat on a bench nearby. Y/N started a conversation but later she noticed something.

 She was sitting comfortably while Kageyama was sitting on the edge of the bench.

 "Hey you will fall down. Come a bit closer. Don't worry, I won't bite."

 Kageyama did move closer, a bit too close I would say. Their legs touched. They both got flustered but neither moved. They stayed like that.

 Now Y/N and Kageyama were quietly sipping onto their drinks, looking down at the ground.

 Then Y/N broke the silence and asked, "Hey Kageyama, where do you live?"

 "In my home." Kageyama replied with innocence and big eyes. 

Y/N face palmed herself. But then again Kageyama was too cute and straightforward. 

"No idiot, I mean in which direction do you live from the school." 

"Oh. I live (some random street. I can't think of a name)."

 "Wait I also live there."

 "Nice"

 "So maybe, we can walk back together. I mean Hinata too. As he also has to cross that place to go to his home." 

"Yeah, we can. With Hinata."

 Both of them became a little pink.

(The same day, after school)

Everybody had assembled in the gym and had started practicing. Y/N walked up to Hinata.

 "Hinata, do you want to walk home with me and Kageyama today?" 

(PS Hinata and Y/N were already friends by now.) 

"Yes I'd love that but, I'll have to split with you guys midway." 

"Oh, that's completely fine."

 "Ok then!"

 Y/N smiled at Hinata and began to walk away but Hinata suddenly remembered to remind Y/N something.

 "Hey Y/N! You do know that there are no clubs on Thursdays, right? Meaning there won't be practice tomorrow."

 "Yeah, I know."