Call Me Ryuzaki - L X Reader

You were dusting down the tables at the café you worked in, preparing to close shop for the night. You hadn't had many customers that day, which was a little disappointing, but nevertheless you were in fairly cheerful spirits. You had recently broken up with your boyfriend because you found out he was a great supporter of Kira, and you were glad that that the two of you were no longer together. Even without the addition of him constantly trying to persuade you that Kira's intentions were good, and saying he wished he could kill people like Kira did, you hadn't felt as if there'd really been a connection between you.

You finished wiping off the tables and moved towards the door; you were about to flip to sign hanging on the door so it would say 'closed', when someone walked in. It was a young man with scruffy black hair, wearing a plain outfit of jeans and a white top. He had his hands in his pockets, and you couldn't say he had the best posture in the world. His skin was so pale you wondered for a moment if he might be a vampire - then mentally slapped yourself. Of course he wasn't a vampire - vampires didn't exist.

"I'm sorry," you said, intercepting him and he headed towards the counter. "We're just closing up for the night. You'll have to come back tomorrow." You felt bad about sending him away, but you didn't really want to have to stay working longer than your designated hours.

"I don't think I'll take long," the man said. "I know what I want." He walked past you, shuffling over to the counter and staring down at the cakes behind the clear glass.

"No, really," you said. "You need to go now so I can close the shop."

"But-"

"Now," you insisted, firmly. "You need to go, now. Or I'll throw you out."

He turned his head slowly towards you, his dark eyes boring into you as if he could see your soul. There were shadows underneath his eyes, as if he rarely slept well. "I believe there is an eighty percent chance that you will not literally throw me out. You're not that sort of person," he said, softly.

You stared. "Excuse me?"

"I don't think you'll literally throw me out," he repeated.

You frowned. "How did you know that?"

He didn't answer, and just turned back to the counter. "May I have two chocolate chip muffins; five doughnuts; one tub each of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice-cream; one cookie; a box of strawberries; two bananas; and a box of macaroons?"

You stared. No one you could remember had ever ordered that much - except one man. An gentleman who often wore a long coat and a hat that shadowed most of his face. You wondered if he knew this young man in front of you - maybe they were related or something. "Um, sure," you replied, grabbing everything he'd asked for except the ice-cream, and packing it into plastic bags. "Hang on a second - I'll need to go get your ice-cream for you." You went into the freezers in the room behind the counter, fetching the ice-cream and bringing them back to the young man. "Here you go."

The man thanked you politely, passing you the exact amount of money to pay for the items even though you hadn't actually told him how much he needed to pay yet. Apparently he must have already worked it out.

He took the plastic bags of food, heading for the door, and was about to step outside into the now pouring rain when you called out. "Hey, wait!" You grabbed your coat and an umbrella, picking up the shop key and following after him. You stepped outside with him, locking up the shop and slipping the key into your pocket. You opened the umbrella, holding it over the young man just as he stepped out from under the porch and into the rain. He glanced back in surprise, probably having been expecting the rain to drench him. "You'll catch a cold if you let yourself get soaked," you told him as the two of you began walking. "I can't let you walk home in this weather without protection from the elements."

"Um. Thank you," he replied, then added, "No one's ever done something like this for me."

Now it was your turn to be surprised. "Really?"

He shook his head. "I...have difficulty where it comes to being social. I don't any friends, nor any true family. Besides, I think there's around a seventy percent chance that you've already noticed I'm not exactly 'normal'."

You hesitated. You were starting to find this guy actually rather interesting, despite his weird way of talking about things in percentages, and his apparent large appetite for cakes and sweet things. "You don't have any friends?" You asked, a little surprised. Surely everyone had friends?

He shook his head, confirming that no, he didn't have friends. "My job doesn't easily allow for friends, and anyway, I'm not very good at...socializing."

"Well screw that," you decided firmly. "I don't care if your job doesn't allow time for friends or whatever. Everyone needs a friend - and the people I considered my friends recently turned their backs on me, so I'm currently alone too. It's almost as if fate brought us together," you added dramatically and cheesily, and he rolled his eyes. "I'm going to be your friend," you said firmly. "And you're going to be mine."

"Um." The guy didn't look as if he entirely understood this. "You mean...I'll have a friend?"

"Yep!" you said, popping the 'p'. "I hereby declare myself a friend of yours." You hesitated. "But in order to be friends better, it would be helpful if I knew what your name was. So what should I call you, mysterious guy?"

He didn't answer for a moment, and then said, "Ryuzaki. You can call me Ryuzaki."