Frustration - Protective! L X Reader

(Requested by @frnnkieroo)

"Matsuda, could you get me another cup of coffee?"

You glanced over as Matsuda took a step back from L, his eyes wide. He had just asked if he could be more useful to the investigation. You wondered if L was mocking him by telling him a way to be really useful was by making coffee.

You stood up with a sigh. "Ryuzaki, don't be so mean," you said with a small smile. "Come on Matsuda, I'll help you make the coffee - in fact, we may as well get everyone drinks."

Matsuda smiled at you as you headed over to him, and you were about to follow him to the kitchen when you felt a cool hand grab your wrist. Looking back in surprise, your gaze met L's. "No," he said. "Miss (L/N), you will remain here. Matsuda can make coffee himself."

You frowned. "I don't see what's wrong with-"

"Miss (L/N). Please return to work," L said, moving his eyes back to his computer screen.

You sighed, giving Matsuda a sympathetic glance before returning to your seat next to L.

A few hours later, bored out of your mind with nothing to do, you were sat on a wheelie chair in the middle of the room, spinning the chair around absentmindedly with your foot. All of a sudden, the chair tipped as you leaned back in it, and sent you tumbling to the floor with a yelp.

Light jumped up from where he was sitting and rushed over to help you. "Hey, (F/N), you okay?" he asked with a chuckle, holding out his hand to help you up.

"Yeah, thanks." You grasped his hand, and he was just pulling you to your feet when L appeared beside him and smacked his hand away, causing him to drop you. "Hey!" you cried as you landed back on the floor.

"You will not touch her," L said to Light, and picked you up off the floor, setting you on your feet.

Light frowned at L, then glanced at you, who shrugged. You were just as confused as he was.

***

The following day, you decided to make drinks for everyone, to make up for the fact that you hadn't been allowed to get coffee yesterday. Standing up, you declared, "I'm getting a drink. Does anyone else want one?"

After four coffee requests, you began heading towards the kitchen to get the drink when someone's fingers laced with yours, and you turned to see L standing beside you. "I'll come with you," he said, but it sounded less like a nice offer and more like he was telling you that you had no choice in the matter. You rolled your eyes and dragged him into the kitchen, where you made drinks. L did not let go of your hand the whole while, and while it was interesting that he actually wanted to hold your hand, it made it kind of difficult for you to do anything.

For the rest of the day, L refused to let go of your hand except when you needed the bathroom. Your hand ended up sweaty, and although you felt a little uncomfortable with the situation - especially when the task force looked at you and L strangely after the two of you even answered the phone together. It was like being in a three-legged race permanently, but with hands instead of legs.

The detective had only been your boyfriend since partway through the Kira investigation. The two of you had worked together once before the Kira case, but you had never admitted your growing feelings for him. When L had asked you to join him on the Kira case, you had jumped at the chance - not only because you loved working on cases, especially with the world's greatest detective, but because it would give you the chance you needed to tell him how you felt.