Chapter 2

Gray just woke up and stretched his body.

-What a night...!- he thought while walking to his shower. After ten minutes he got out and brushed his teeth, put on his clothes and walked to the kitchen to prepare his own breakfast. He decided to eat an apple, so he putted in on his table and walked to his fridge to get a jar of juice out. He was about to sit down when he heard someone knocking on his door. He raised one eyebrow; he was not expecting anyone to visit him.

He finally walked to the doorway as he heard a second knocking.

"Coming!" he said.

He opened his door and saw Heather standing with Dawn next to her. She looked tired and sad, with her makeup smeared down in the direction of teardrops. He also noticed that the lower part of her shirt was wet and had black stains of makeup. Gray was shocked, it was not usual to see her that way.

"Heather! Are you okay?!" he rose one hand and touched gently her wet cheek "What—" before he could say anything else, the girl's eyes shone with the tears that just filled them again and she hugged the boy. Gray stroked her back and hugged her too. After a second, they entered his house, still hugging each other. Gray separated from her and looked at her eyes.

"What happened?" he asked softly while leading her to his bed. They sat down and stared at each other.

"I—" her voice cracked down "Just..." she stood silent for a second, like if she did not know what happened "Just... a lot of stuff going on..." she said.

Gray putted a hand on her shoulder.

"It's fine... sometimes I have a lot of things on my mind that I just have to take some rest and forget about everything. You're not the only one." he said softly.

"Sometimes there are things that just cannot be forgotten..." her voice sounded very hoarse.

Gray sighed.

"Remember that you can tell me anything." He whispered.

"I know... but if I told you, you would never believe me..." she dropped another tear.

"Try me. I promise I will believe you."

"I—" someone knocked on his door again and cut her off.

Gray sighed and looked at the doorway and then at the girl.

"We're not done. Hold on here one second." He said and touched her cheek again. He walked to the door and opened it. Zoey and Dawn were there. Now he noticed that he had left the dog outside before.

"Oh, Zoey..." he greeted him.

"Hi... is Heather here? She was not in her house nor in mine..." he said. Gray noticed that his pupils were very small.

He though that perhaps Zoey was one of the reasons why the girl was sad.

"Why are you asking?" he said.

Zoey made a sound with his throat similar to an animal growl.

"Answer me. I ain't got time for this..."

"Its fine, Gray..." he heard Heather's voice behind him. He turned around and saw her standing very close to him.

"Come on, Heather." Zoey said.

Heather looked at Gray.

"I'll be back soon, so that we can talk, okay?" she whispered to him.

Gray looked at her and then to Zoey.

"Uhm... sure." Then he said goodbye to his friends.

He got into his house and closed the door.

Zoey started walking to the forest and Heather followed him.