Chapter 6

Heather was halfway to the Heart when she met with a patrol that was formed by Chipmunk, Jet, Cotton and Maple.

"What happened?" Maple squeaked as she saw the two bloody wolves.

"A wolf attacked us..." She told her. "We got to get to Healer Feather and Poo." She continued running.

"Who attacked you?" Jet asked.

Heather thought about it for a second and decided to hold her tongue.

"And who is he?" she pointed at Gray.

"Another wolf from the circus... Gray." She panted.

They arrived at the Heart, and Heather pulled her friend's body through the hole. All the wolves inside of the clearing were staring at them, astonished.

"Where is Healer Feather!?" she asked, and he arrived in a heartbeat. He looked at the wolf.

"Come here. Poo, come on!" he called and walked to the place that was behind the tree, where Heather had slept the last night. Poo arrived next to him and helped Heather pull Gray's body.

The healer checked quickly the body and turned to Poo.

"Cotton and leaves. I also will need cork and a long ivy." He barked and Poo ran to the tree. Healer Feather looked up at Heather. "I will need space. I will tell you everything that happens." He said and started pressing the wound in his shoulder.

Heather cried.

"Can you save him?"

The wolf sighed.

"I don't know. I will try."

Poo arrived with everything that his mentor asked for. Heather turned around and walked with her ears down and worried. Everyone was staring at her. She noticed that Zoey was not among them.

"Coward..." she growled very low.

Alpha Robin was walking to her.

"Hello, Heather. Can you please explain to me what happened? You are covered in blood."

Heather looked at him.

"A wolf attacked us... we fought back but it is still alive..." she lied. "I think it is the same wolf that tried to drown Zoey a few days ago..." she could not reveal the truth because they could find out that she was a werewolf.

Alpha Robin sighed.

"Who is that wolf?"

"Another one from the circus..." she echoed her own words and stared at the ground.

"Are there more wolves left in the circus?"

"No." She hoped for that to be true.

Alpha Robin stood silent for a moment.

"Thank you, see you around." He finally said and turned around.

-Is he mad at me?- she thought. Anyways, she was feeling way too tired to debate it with herself. Her heart was still beating very fast, and she was worried for Gray.

She shook her head and started walking in small circles, until the gasp of someone made her jump. She rose her eyes and found that Dawn was staring at her from the entrance. He ran to her.

"Heather! You are covered in blood! What happened!?" He barked.

Heather looked at all the wolves that were staring at her.

"Maybe we should go to a more private place..." she whispered.

Dawn frowned and then wide-opened his eyes just like plates. He looked at the sky and then sighed.