„Your Key"

Hermione's POV:

"What do you think?" Ginny asks as she puts her hair in a high braid. I watch her and nodded. "Something new," I say. "What do you mean?" She looks at me questioningly. "I mean your hair looks better this way than in the bun you wear every single day" Ginny nods.

I watch her put on her coat with the Slytherin print and go out. Before she closes the door she says, "Bye, remember we'll meet in the dining room today."

There's almost nothing on my schedule, even though me and Eve are supposed to have the same one. So I sit on my bed and stare at the ceiling. When I decided to clean something up, there was a knock.

"Who is it?" I ask. No Answer. "Hellooo?" I ask and go to the door. I push down the door handle and look straight into his face.

Draco's face. "What do you want?" I ask him, perhaps a little too rudely. "I found your key," he says, throwing it on my bed. "How did you know that was my key-" Before I could finish that sentence, he was gone.

                             ʚɞ ⁺˖ ⸝⸝

Why can't I focus? A while after the strange visit, I sit on my bed and try to read a book, but I can't. Whenever I manage to understand two sentences, I digress and read without understanding anything. WHY?
Was it perhaps because I didn't sleep enough last night? Or was it actually because of Draco's visit? I usually never talk to him, and when we do talk, it's not in a nice way.

I don't know the exact reason for his meanness, but I suspect he doesn't like me because I came close to going to Griffindor. For the reason that only purebloods actually come into Slytherin, I was almost not accepted. But the Sorting Hat had a different opinion. Because I was so determined, I was finally accepted. There seemed to be another reason for the hat, but for some reason he, Hagrid and Dumbledor didn't want to tell me about it. And I'm a mudblood.

I have the feeling that I'm actually bothering him, but how did he know that the key belonged to me and brought it to me.

All these questions and thoughts are running through my head as I sat down at the desk and brushed my hair. Well, I didn't notice that I was doing this for too long and my hair, which was electrically charged because of the plastic brush, was standing on end. 

Almost furious, I throw myself onto my bed and scream into the pillow. I hate it when my brown hair does that. So that my hair doesn't bother me anymore, I go into the bathroom and turn on the shower.

I wash my scalp with the shampoo and am in my casual outfit after half an hour. My hair doesn't act crazy anymore and I've long since forgotten about the Draco thing. But I remember that I wanted to meet up with Ginny.
So I put on my coat and walk downs the stairs
————————————————————

What do you think 🤭🫣
527 Words