Lost daughter

A quiet beep. That was the first sound I heard. Was I no longer in Draco's dorm? Concerned whispering people surrounded me. It smelled faintly of green apples and mint. My eyes slowly opened shortly after I smelled this strange smell. But to my surprise I didn't see Draco. The owners of the concerned voices were Professor Dumbledor, Professor McGonnagal and Professor Snape. When they noticed that I was awake, they all sat down and leaned over me. "Miss Granger, we are glad that you are with us again, but we have some questions." I looked at her questioningly. She continued: "First of all we would like to know WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?" Startled by her outburst, I looked at her with wide eyes. I cleared my throat. "Well," I began, describing the entire event to her, excluding of course all the love affairs between me and Draco. "Professor Snape," Dumbledor said quietly. Apparently it was about the little argument between me and Draco when he called me Mudblood. "Miss Granger, come with me if I may ask." said Professor Snape and went into a sort of side room. What would happen now?

"Do you know Lilli Sabrina Snape?" asked the professor. "Snape?" I asked. "Snape," he said. "She's my daughter," he said. I didn't know that he had a daughter. The poor. I wonder if she was treated well. Since Severus Snape was considered one of the most feared professors, I didn't know whether he was so cold in private. I looked at him and he wanted to continue. "Your parents are Muggles, aren't they?" he asked. "Normally, wizards and witches who come from Muggles aren't exactly as disciplined. They first have to find their way in the magical world." I continued to look at him, not knowing what was coming next. "Why do you think you're so different from other Mudbloods?" I shook my head slightly, he probably didn't think so... "I know," he said. "Because you're not a Mudblood, Hermione"

Disturbed by his bold answer, I tried to understand. "What do you mean?" I asked, stuttering. "I mean that your parents are not your biological parents at all," he said. I looked at him in shock with my eyes wide open. "But I love them, that can't be right?" "This has nothing to do with 'love' and only with DNA." "Hermione," he said. "Do you have proof that you are related to your parents?" I considered. Did I have that? I don't even have any pictures of myself as an infant. I slowly shook my head. "I have some, but what is the evidence that you are related to someone other than your parents" Did that mean?... "Hermione, you are not a mudblood, you are a pureblood" I continued to look at him questioningly. Who were my biological parents? "Then who are my parents?" I asked and swallowed. He swallowed. „Your Mum is", he said. „Your Mum is Bellatrix Black." I gasped. „And your Dad, I am your Dad" „Wait, what, how do you know?"

„When the Dark Lord returned and I and Bellatrix had to part, she still with you in her womb, I didn't know, where you and your mum were. Our child, you Hermione, was long considered missing. However, when you were sorted into Slytherin as a mudblood, there were the first indications that you had been found." "There can't be mudbloods in Slytherin," I whispered slowly. "Exactly," said Snape. "Of course that couldn't be that you were assigned there as a mudblood, but the sorting hat knew better. After much deliberation, you and I - you of course without knowing it - did a DNA test and we were related, very close in fact." "Does that mean that Bellatrix Black, my mother, handed me over to Muggels so that I could survive the dark time "Did really nobody notice?" I asked. Severus nodded. „Wow", I said. „That's crazy. So you're MY Dad? My actual Dad?" He nodded again. „I always wondered what happened to you," he said.

He looked at me uncertainly. "Could I hug you?" he asked. It seemed very strange to me, after all he was Snape. Severus Snape, my professor and... my father. Somehow my mind didn't want to accept this fact. "Um," I said. But then I felt kind of sorry for him. He wasn't allowed to meet his daughter, wasn't allowed to watch her grow up and probably thought she was dead. So I pulled myself together and hugged him. It felt too wrong.

Even though he was my father, it didn't feel like it. I was familiar with my Muggle parents and they were familiar with me and nothing ever seemed to be missing. I hadn't missed Snape in any way and now that he was here it felt wrong, far too wrong. "Snape?" I asked. He let me go. "Yes?" He raised his hand and seemed to want to wipe away tears. Snape, and tears? It had come to this and I was completely sure that it wasn't an unfunny prank. "My last name is now, eh, Snape?" Hermione Snape, that sounded way too wrong. "Well, from what we can tell, not for long." I stared at him, puzzled. For what reason? "Surely you haven't forgotten Mister Malfoy, or did you think I wouldn't notice how much you like each other?" I stared at him with wide eyes. Was I even allowed to be with him? He was my father, he could forbid me whether I wanted it or not.

I choked and he hit me on the back. My head didn't hurt in the least as much as it did in the beginning. Either the shock was numbing me or the healer had given me some medicine. "Come on, Hermione," he said. He stopped calling me Miss Granger? "He's waiting outside," he said. Who's waiting outside? Then the realization hit me. "Draco is waiting for me outside?" I asked. Snape, my father nodded. What should I call him now?

————————————————————
JOO THAT WAS A REALLY SIGNIFICANT CHAPTER!!! I love how Snape showed some feelings, what do you think? I am very grateful for 50 Reads, like who tf is wasting his time by reading my dumb fanfics? HAHAHAHA So this Chapter had closely 1050 words! Really long, don't you think?