Chapter VII: Aquamarine

Sunstone landed on the ground with a thud, and quickly looked up to see who pushed her.
"You again!" She shouted once she spotted Peridot. "I told you..." She gathered all of her strength. "To leave us..." She leaped up, and as she did, drew her quarterstaff. "Alone!" She punctuated the last word by hitting Peridot with her staff. Hard.
"Oof!" Peridot lost her breath, and let go her grip on the wall. She started to fall.
No one helped her.
"Peridot!" Steven yelled. He shoved the other Gems aside, and leaped up. To everyone's surprise, he got up a fairly good height, up to where Peridot was falling.
He bubbled.
They landed on the ground, safe. The Gems gasped, including Peridot. Steven unbubbled, and backed away from Peridot. Peridot stared at Steven, then turned around and ran off. No one had the motivation to run after her. Sunstone mounted the wall wordlessly, and climbed up. "Aqua!" She called.
"Sun!"
A face popped out of one of the incubation holes, filled with joy. Sunstone's face lit up.
"Aqua!"
Aquamarine hopped out of the hole, her curly, short hair bouncing. Sunstone let go of the wall. They both landed on the ground, and hugged.
"Are you hurt?" Sunstone asked Aquamarine quietly. She shook her head. "What about you?"
Sunstone just smiled, and jumped up. Aquamarine caught her, and they fused together, laughing all the way.
Emerald was green, obviously, but had five eyes and four arms. She wasn't very tall, slightly shorter than Garnet, She had a flowing, translucent, yellow robe-like piece of clothing over her short top and bottoms like shorts. Emerald's hair was a sea-foam green-like color, with curly side bangs and straight hair everywhere else.
Steven stared at the fusion with bright eyes. "Wow..."
Emerald laughed, and looked at the Crystal Gems.
"Thank you." She said in her cool, calming voice.
She turned around, and her face fell. "I have nowhere to go..."
Steven spoke up. "You can stay with us!" He suggested, his eyes forming stars.
"I don't think so," Pearl inquired, but still looked at Garnet.
"Steven's right, you can stay with us, um...?"
"Emerald."
"Emerald. You're welcome to stay with us for however long you need."
Emerald smiled. "Thank you."
They walked back to the warp wordlessly, and went back to the Temple.

Don't worry, guys, we'll be seeing Sunstone and Aquamarine separately from time to time. They aren't as strong as a fusion as Garnet is, so they unfuse occasionally. Also, be prepared for some Peridot action, and a few other surprises down the road...