ChapterThree | Pekish? |

"I'm getting quite pekish", Madeline admitted to break the silence that had fallen over the room

"Oh, yes. Pamela, darling, will you go find Annie and ask about tea?", Elspeth then asked.

"Yeah", Pamela hesitated to answer as she raised her brow in slight disbelief. "Yeah, who, which...Which ones that?", Pamela then asked.

"You'll find her, darling, Annie", Elspeth repeated.

Standing up from her spot, Oliver scooting a slight into it, Pamela turned back to Elspeth to try clarify. "Where's, erm..."

"You'll work it out, darling", Elspeth waved her off.

"Okay, i'm going to work it out", Pamela sighed.

"Kitchen", Felix gave her a general idea.

"Ah, the kitchen", Pamela nodded. "So, Annie in the kitchen", she repeated to herself.

"Off you pop", Elspeth said, in a slight different tone than the fake nice one she'd been using, sending Pamela right out of the room.

"Poor dear Pamela, she's been staying with us while she gets back on her feet", Elspeth gossiped to Oliver as soon as Pamela left the room, switching people from when she'd gossiped to Pamela about Oliver.

"She's had an awful time this year. Hideous", Elspeth rolled her eyes, using a slight mocking to her tone that you'd only pick up if you knew her.

"But, oh, Oliver, so have you", she sprang up, holding onto his shoulder. "God, I was so sorry to hear about your father. How utterly, utterly tragic."

"I've lost so many friends to addiction. So, so many dear friends. It's the root of Poor Pamela's horrors too, im afraid.

"And the only interesting thing about her", Farleigh was the first to speak up during Elspeth little spiel, in a very monotone bored tone of voice.

"Farleigh!", Elspeth went to reprimand him before she looked to Oliver. "No, she is rather dull actually", she admitted. "But she's so beautiful. You have to admit, she's very beautiful."

Oliver opened his mouth in agreement, not knowing if this was a trick question, but he just nodded not knowing what to say.

"Her hair is so vibrant, though it's not as nice as Madeline's, not as natural", Elspeth gave a back handed compliment. "Oh, isn't Madeline so beautiful, stunning, I think she's should take up modeling."

"She is very beautiful", Oliver agreed, looking right at Madeline, making Felix glare at him.

"But it's only ever really been a curse. I mean, the men. Oliver, you wouldn't believe it. The latest one is some ghastly Russian billionaire. Malignantly ugly, of course. And she's been holed up here for months hiding from him", Elspeth told him all about Pamela's life story.

Though Oliver was still gazing as Madeline with a look of nothing, he didn't know wether to hate or love her.

"Anyway, let's not talk about that", Elspeth put a hand on his shoulder, making him look at her and start listening again. "Darling, tell me about your mother. How is she bearing up? Still drinking?", Elspeth couldn't help herself but ask.

"Stop!", Felix groaned once more at his mothers forwardness.

"Ignore him", Elspeth told Oliver.

"It's rude", Felix argued.

"Nothing shocks me, Oliver", Elspeth pushed.

A lighter crackling filled up the quite room, everyone looking up to see Venetia lighting a cigarette behind the couch Elspeth and Oliver were on, wondering when she came in.

"Absolutely nothing", Elspeth reminded him, pushing for gossip. "Tell me everything."

"I'm hungry", Madeline whispered in Felix's ear, Felix squeezing her legs to shown he'd heard her.

"Then let us go eat", he agreed, standing up from the floor and taking her hand, leading her out of the room and Elspeths questioning on Oliver.

Venetia and Farleigh following out not soon after, also having grown bored, not wanting to have to listen to Elspeth dig into Oliver's home life either.