ChapterFive | Runny Eggs |

Bright and early in the morning the Catton family all gathered back into the dining room for breakfast, spreading out more around compared to last night when they were all bunched together due to the amount of people

Even with the newfound space, Felix had still persisted on sitting close to Madeline, coming back from the side table that all the food was laid out on.

Two plates in hand as he placed on in front of Madeline, having plated up her breakfast for her, knowing what she likes.

Felix then placed his breakfast to the side, then using his bow free hands to move his chair over next to Madeline, his cutlery following as he moved all of his stuff next to hers.

Retaking his breakfast, consisting of a full English and moving it into the placemat that he'd move, taking his seat next to Madeline.

"Morning", Oliver greeted as he walked in, having been awoken by a maid for breakfast, wandering into the room.

"Ollie, have some breakfast", Felix announced to the boy, gesturing to the food and to take a seat.

Following Felix's hand, Oliver almost blanched when he realized that he was once again being put across from Felix at the wide table and not next to him, the seat beside Felix already taken up.

Sitting down into his seat Oliver felt a pair of eyes on him, looking to see the butler staring at him. "Oh, could I have a full English breakfast too, please?", Oliver called to Duncan, nodding to Felixs plate.

Everyone paused in their chatter after Oliver spoke, all of them tensely looking around as Duncan looked to Elspeth unsure.

"Breakfast is on the side, darling, just help yourself!", she said over enthusiastically, planting a smile on her face as she gestured to the side table full of food.

"How would you like your eggs?", Duncan then asked Oliver, his face void of emotion.

"Oh, It's fine, I can get them", Oliver shot down, embarrassed enough already, waving the man off.

"Not the eggs. The eggs are made for you", Farleigh taunted in a condescending tone, glancing up from what he was reading.

"Exactly!, and everything else is on the side", Elspeth joined in with a tight lipped smile.

"Fried, over easy, please", Oliver shyly said to Duncan, going red at his mistake.

"Ollie, we were just talking about that Shelley biography", Felix changed the subject, not wanting Oliver to be uncomfortable.

"Oh, yeah?", Oliver asked, rubbing the tops of his thighs awkwardly, trying to get the sweat off his palms.

"Shelley who? Shelley, Belinda's sister Shelley?", Pamela inquired in confusion.

"Oh, Percy Shelley. The poet!", Sir James said in a 'duh' tone, outraged that Pamela didn't know them. "The romantic poet!"

"Oh...", was all Pamela muttered.

"Do you know the story about Shelley's doppelgänger?", Venetia then spoke up, looking around the room to see if anyone did.

"His doppelgänger?", Sir James sat up straighter, interested in her story.

"Shelley's housekeeper was cleaning one of the rooms when Shelley walked past the window and waved at her", Venetia began the story, giving them the jist. "So, she waved back before she realized that Shelley was in Italy, and she was on the top floor of the house."

"Oh, stop, stop, stop! Vee, I won't sleep", Felix moaned, covering his ears with his hands, not wanting to here any more of Venetias story.

"Don't mind him", Madeline waved off Felixs over dramatic self, gesturing for Venetia to finish the story.

"A few hours later, he drowned", Venetia said simply, finishing the story, Madeline humming at the outcome.

"Oh! That's just given me goosebumps, look Pamela!", Elspeth gasped, holding her arm up for all to see.

"Oh, no...", Pamela muttered, sounding utterly drained.

"I heard he fucked his sister", Farleigh chuckled, flicking through his newspaper.

"Of course you'd know that", Madeline cringed, looking to him in disgust, though having a small smile on her face.

Feeling eyes on her, Madeline turned her head to look directly across from her, meeting Oliver's bright blues eyes staring holes through her with a knowing look.

Smile dropping from her face, Madeline tilted her head slightly as she wondered why the boy would stare at her like that.

A smirk tempted to lift up on the corner of his lips, Oliver keeping it down as he took his eyes off Madeline and switched his gaze onto Farleigh.

"I think that was Byron", he corrected, having a nervous shake in his voice while he said it, confusing Madeline more as his cocky behavior seemed to disappear completely.

Though before anymore could be said or thought on the matter, Duncan waltzed in with Oliver's eggs, placing them down in front of him.

Bringing his fork up, Oliver paused as he looked at the plate holding his eggs, slowly lowering his fork shyly.

Noticing his friends odd behavior, Felix spoke up in concern. "Is everything okay, Ollie?", the concerned question had all the family turning to look at him now, all eyes on Oliver as they waited to know the problem.

In the silence, Madeline lifted her jam toast to her lips, taking a bite and cringing at the crunch sound that echoed in the silent room, quick to put her toast back down.

Embarrassed she looked to her side out of the corner of her eye to see Felix holding in a laugh, leaning her hand down to pinch him on the thigh before looking back to Oliver.

Hesitating nervously as he now realized he had the whole family's devoted attention and Duncan staying beside him to know the problem with the eggs delivered, Oliver began to stutter out an answer.

"Oh, uh...of course, yeah...I-It's just", he felt sweat begin to gather on his brow as he looked around at all the patient faces watching him intensely. "Runny eggs...I-I get a bit sick from them...", he cringed at his own words, then turning to Duncan. "...sorry."

Duncan seemed to roll his eyes without doing so as he then swiftly took the plate of eggs from the table, taking them away, Oliver continuing to apologize over and over as the butler left.