Chapter 15

As Aster rushed through the halls of the BAU, looking for somewhere she could comfortably IM Chiron, she desperately hoped that no one on the team had eyes on her.

It would look quite odd if she said she had to make a phone call, and then promptly found the nearest bathroom. She luckily was able to find one in relative seclusion with a lock on the door, that she could use to make a rainbow.

She threw her drachma into the fine spray of mist, and waited for the shimmering form of the camp mentor to appear. Once she did, she wasted no time in filling him in, as she didn't know how long she'd have before someone tried to get in. "Something's happening Chiron, something bad." She began.

"Aster? What do you mean, is everything okay?" His concerned voice filled the small room. Aster hadn't realized how much she had missed him and camp until this moment.

"No, it's really not." She began to recount everything that had happened, starting with the creature she had seen at David Rossi's house. After explaining the predicament she now found herself in, with no way to prove the Camp Half-Blood was a real place without revealing herself, she asked him if he knew about the dead demigods. And she was surprised to find out that no one at camp had heard anything about it. "Oh gods, someone needs to let Leo know. Caleb Blackwood was a son of Hephaestus."

Aster's voice was filled with grief. She hadn't known Caleb personally, but she knew that Leo loved all of his siblings. She hated that after everyone they had lost in the giant war, Leo had to grieve the loss of another brother.

"I will let him know, Aster. Perhaps it's a good idea if I bring Mr. Valdez with me when I come to talk with your father." Chiron replied.

"Come to talk with my father? You're going to come here?" Aster said, slightly shocked.

"No, dear girl. Mr. Brunner, official Camp Delphi Activities Director is. We have to give the FBI answers, and my being there will hopefully enable me to find some answers of my own. We must find out who's doing this, whether it be us or your father's team. However," Chiron paused momentarily, choosing his next words wisely. "I don't believe we will be able to cooperate with them if your father does not know about our world."

"But Chiron-"

Chiron cut Aster off before she was able to protest. "I agree with you that we cannot let the whole of the FBI, or know of us. That would be disastrous. But Agent Hotchner would easily be able to tell that we are hiding something Aster, and we should make sure he is as focused on finding the killer as he can be, rather than focusing on what you're not telling him."

Aster knew that he was right, she really did. Although she couldn't help but think that it would be hard to be "focused on finding the killer" if he was reeling with the news that myths and magic were a reality. And also that he had slept with an evil immortal goddess. But really, Aster was scared that he would deem everything, deem her, too dangerous. That he would tell her to go back to camp, and she would probably never see him again.

"But he has a life already, and Jack. A demigod child, especially one with as complicated of a past as I do would be too much to deal with Chiron, and I know that lying to him is wrong but I just want this to work so badly and I know I'm being selfish but... I'm scared." She finished, slightly out of breath. She had been struggling with this all week long, ever since she got to Quantico, and she knew that if she could talk to anybody, it could be Chiron.

The centaur sighed. "Aster, he's your father. He wants to be your father. I may not know him, but I've met many like him in the course of my life. Noble, dutiful, caring. He is not going to abandon you, Aster, I'm sure of it."