chapter six - royals

What the...

There's just a castle lying around here?

Leon's radio beeps again.

"Hola! Luis here. You guys still around?" you barely hear him say. Eager to listen, you walk beside Leon but struggle to keep up.

"Well, I wanted to go home. But, y/n just had to see this castle first." Leon responds sarcastically.

"Perfecto! Meet me at the Courtyard, and I'll give you a medicine that will suppress your little...problem. Ciao!"

Leon sighs, checks his handgun, and looks at the map on his little device.

"The courtyard shouldn't be too far." He says. "We just had to take the long route, huh?"

"Well, I insisted on it, didn't I?" you tease. Leon chuckles under his breath. "Besides, who would still live in this castle anyway? It looks abandoned."

"Yeah!" he scoffs again with denial. "We'll see about that."

You both walked onto the bridge and into the large archways of cobblestone.

You notice the torches lit and the all too familiar rotten flesh smell of ganados. It hits you that you were terribly mistaken.

We aren't alone.

Leon begins to keep a quick pace, so you jog up beside Leon and grasp onto the back of his shirt.

He turns to look at you and can't help but smile.

"Don't give me that face, Kennedy. You move too damn fast." you gasp.

"¡Aquí está!" a ganado shouts. Leon also notices this and stops you with his arm as the stone pavilion before you is demolished by fire.

"They have catapults!!" You shout and look above to see armed infected with crossbows ready to fire.

"They just don't give up, do they?" Leon remarks, and with his arm, he guides you behind him against the stone wall. With his rifle, he takes out each one without wasting a single bullet. His aim is incredible.

He moves slightly and aims at the men at the catapult that fired before. "This is getting old." He mutters, and the catapult bursts into flames.

More and more ganados, this time with more protection, come out to try to stop you from moving any further.

You turn and start to shoot the ganados lurking from behind.

Without aiming at the head, they take about three shots before they go down. Your aim isn't horrible, but it's not even close to Leon's perfect bullseye. To preserve your ammo, you'll only shoot them once to stun them.

You keep close behind, protecting all sides as he clears the path towards the main entrance. "Shit. It's locked," he grunts. You turn to hear a ganando shout at you, this time as it throws an axe. Dodging it, you shoot it three times before it's down.

3 left...

"You're pretty good at that." Leon compliments, his voice deep and slightly seductive.

He was watching!

You turn around and grin. "Thanks." You say shyly and glance at his beautiful grin.

Running up a flight of stairs, the catapult blasts flames everywhere. Your weapons are no match to them. To open that gate, you need something bold and more robust.

This is a castle...if they have catapults, they must have.

Bingo.

"Cover me!" you shout while Leon shoots down another and book it down the coble stone bridge. Thankfully, the infected don't move too quickly. They are much slower with their armor.