05. TS-19

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS. IF YOU COMMENT UPDATE OR ANY VERSION OF IT, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

The light that was admitted from the CDC then turned off and the survivors were plunged into darkness causing the group to tighten up their ranks.

"Daryl, Mkay, you two cover the back." Shane ordered

She and Daryl moved so that they were the two before the dead. She turned her head a bit to see Aviana was still with Carol and Sophia, trying to protect them. Slowly, the group moved inside the building.

"Hello?" Rick called out

Mkay shook her head, "This is just like every horror movie." she muttered to Daryl

The man shot her a look, "Don' ya jinx us." he told her

"Hello?" Rick called again

"Close those doors. Watch for walkers." An unseen male voice ordered them

What do you know? She was wrong about the CDC being abandoned.

Everyone looked around the room for the voice, for the person that opened the doors for them.

"Hello?" Rick called for a third time

A gun cocked from one of the dark corners of the building, which caused everyone to raise their weapons, "Anybody infected?" The same male voice asked

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick told the man

Mkay furrowed her eyebrows wondering why the man even mentioned Jim since he was no longer a part of the group.

The CDC man moved slowly down the stairs, still pointing his gun at the group, "Why are you here? What do you want?" he questioned

"A chance." The former deputy sheriff said, practically begging

"Millie-Marie." The same voice that called her name when Glenn got kidnapped whispered

It sounded like Castiel. But that was crazy.

Maybe she was finally losing it. After all, she was a Winchester. Chuck had it out for her family. However, that was the last thing she needed.

She went to turn but she moved the wrong way and gasped quietly in pain. Now that she had stopped moving, the pain from her bruised ribs that came from the Vatos came back with a vengeance. It probably didn't help that she fought walkers, let Aviana sleep on her back, helped move the dead bodies, taught Carol and Sophia in the woods, drove, and was on the defense outside the CDC.

She grabbed her side and tried to breathe through pain. She heard her daughter move to her side, "Mommy?" She asked quietly

"Ya alrigh'?" Daryl asked

The Winchester woman couldn't give him an answer at the moment.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The CDC man said, "What's wrong with the woman in the back?"

Rick made a motion with his head, "I know."

"'Nother group hit her ribs with a bat." Daryl told the man

"The adrenaline is wearing off making the pain come back. Just give me a few." Mkay said, gritting her teeth

She was a Winchester. She could deal with the pain of bruised ribs. She clenched her jaw and stood up straight despite her ribs protesting. The few moments of silence that followed as the man looked them over irritated Mkay. The man either was going to let them stay, he'd simply kill them all, or he'd kick them out. Seeing as he let them into the building probably meant he would let them stay but, you never know.